Agnostic.com

72 3

Do you believe in ex lovers getting back together ?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not really. Most often, there was a really good reason it didn't work the first time.

I know that some people can do it, but not me. I move one, and don't go back.

No, I am done with the roller coaster ride.

JayTea Level 6 June 14, 2018

In my opinion, there was a fundamental reason why you two split up to begin with, so I hardly see a valid reason for revisiting a failed relationship. Of course, I also speak from experience, having gone back to an ex once, only to have history predictably repeat itself.

Lexis Level 2 June 14, 2018

NEVER GO BACK! I think that people move on for a reason, and however much I may miss an old lover, it would be putting myself in a weird situation to try and reconnect to the way things once were.

This is just my situation, I know, but I change so much as the years go by, and whilst my old lover would get a greatly improved version of me if we hooked up again now, I'd feel weird about it — like I'd regressed. Not a reason not to do it, I suppose, but.... They wouldn't get the same person, and I'm betting that neither would I.

Usually only if the breakup was due to circumstances, e.g., someone had to move for a job and the couple didn't want to be long distance and then, a while later, they ended up in the same area again.

Occasionally, a breakup will be due to personality issues that are later resolved, but that seems extremely rare

I have with a few myself.

As long as it's someone else. Tried once, worse than the first.

I've seen it work for others, but I've not experienced any luck there.

Would be very hard to trust them if they walked away and just gave up who's to say they won't do it again.

azzow2 Level 9 June 13, 2018

No! Remember there was a reason for splitting up!
Once it’s done, friends is a possible scenario, but I would never get back with an ex!

Livia Level 6 June 13, 2018

It's never worked for me. You leave me, I move on. If it works for others, I wish them the best of luck. If you leave me once, it will happen again.

None of that for me. They had their shot.

So it was always someone else’s fault?

@ezwryder The question pertains to lovers. In this case, yes. If it were just girlfriends, that's a different question with a different answer.

Yes, we all have the capacity for growth.

Etre Level 7 June 13, 2018

I think it can happen. I wish it would in my case.

I suppose it would depend upon why they parted. It's never happened that way for me. Baggage causes drama, and I hate drama.

Deb57 Level 8 June 25, 2018

I told my brother not to do this with his separated wife, based on my experience that it never works out. He ignored my advice and I’m glad because they went on to have 30+ happy years.

Only if they want to. Sometimes it might work. It will never work if either of them keeps on mentioning or asking about relationships they had while apart. To be together again they each might have to drop a few friends.

Ignorant people still want to ask me about my breakup with my ex. I start to cry and say everything was OK until she ran off with that circus clown. LOL 🙂

Strictly as lovers or in a relationship?

Whats to 'believe in'? There can be countless reasons why or why not folks should be together, whether they have done it before or not. We can't know what is happening/has happened in a pair of lives that would bring them to such a decision, though we can hope that it isn't a fear response; 'better the devil you know than the one you don't' as it were. Wish them well, move on...

StJohn Level 6 June 16, 2018

I don't not believe, if that makes sense, but it never worked out for me. That's probably more to do with me being a twat and lead by my dick than any rational thought process though 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 16, 2018

It would depend on the lover and the reason they were exed.

Not for me
...but people sometimes do not know what they are missing out on until they experience more

I think both parties should probably examine the reasons why they broke up on the first place before getting back together. The rose colored glasses of time might be putting you right back into an unhappy situation

GwenC Level 7 June 14, 2018

I think people break up for a reason. Perhaps time lets us discover that reason then was less than perfect. So my answer is that it depends on the two people. Maybe it wasn't the right time the first time around. So yes, if two people find their back to each other, it is worth a second chance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.