Agnostic.com

36 5

Single or Partnered, looking or not?

Curiosity got the better of me, wondering how most members stand re dating/availability and so on.

• 47 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 7 votes
Rugglesby 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm content being single. I like it in many ways. But deep down I can't imagine anything better than having a child. And while I used to think that was selfish, my own take on life (we are borderline miracles in the grand scheme of things) has me thinking otherwise. The unconditional love for a child is appealing, as is giving life in a universe largely devoid of it - at least "locally".

Wow, I never realized how tough it could be as a single mother. I know a few but I don't think they have the same challenges. Not to "solve" anything here, but it sounds like you're a great mother and may need to make some more time for you. It should be okay to do things for yourself that make life a little less lonely. Thanks for the thoughts... cheers!

In a relationship. Not looking. Just here to have an intelligent conversation. When is there ever going to be a site that doesn't have Dating site in the description. After you sign up.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 30, 2017

I’ve wanted kids since before I knew what that entailed. I was 12 and held my cousin for the first time and fell in love. Watching her grow up has been magical, so this getting divorced at 32 and being single for 5 years has forced me to consider the possibility and desire for my own children and what I really want out of a relationship and what I’ll put up with. I am single and have open eyes, but I don’t know if looking is the word.

Single and looking; however, I am realistic in that it is very rare to find a compatible individual for long term companionship near me online, yet here I am. 😉

I’m a widower with an 11 year old daughter.
My wife passed away in 2014. I was involved for two years only to be cut loose because of our religio-political differences.
Life can’t be this barren.

Oddly enough I’m from SLC as well.
And it was worse than you can know. But life goes on.

It was in 2014. My daughter was really more affected. We were in a he midst of a divorce.

I want a friend with benefits but mostly the friend part and I demand upfront honesty and respect. id like to have my house and they have there's. boyfriend and girlfriend if you will. I never say never and of course, i would have a fuck buddy or a one-off but it's not what I want. in any of these or other scenarios honesty and respect are a must.

Single, but not looking.

Not desperate, but yeah, looking.

never be desperate it's not a good way of choosing

Update 3 months later...no longer looking. I found him. Thanks, Zoosk...and academia. He is a math professor, my age, approximately, liberal like me, and NOT RELIGIOUS!!! ...in Louisiana, no less. Hey! Maybe there IS something to miracles, lol!

I've been widowed for eleven years following a happy twenty year marriage. I found child rearing and dating did not mix, and so have not been actively seeking during that time. That's not to say that I would reject anyone who, despite my not looking, I might connect with during the course of living my life.

Meanwhile, I am ALWAYS seeking interesting people to befriend or chat with, online or off.

Zster Level 8 Dec 30, 2017

I have been single for 5 years. I was dating someone locally but it became a long distance thing-first- him traveling to China for work, moving to California and then Washington DC. He was 25 years younger than me. A political science professor at Tufts when I met him he now works for Brookings in Washington, DC. Recently he remarried his wife and 8 year old daughter. We are still Facebook friends. He would visit me as I was diagnosed with leukemia 5 years and became a good friend as I went through chemo, radiation and bone marrow transplant. now that I am healthy Iam meeting new people and hope to meet someone who is looking for long term.

Single, looking but I am cognizant that the odds are hugely slim. When I first considered divorce I read an article that said most men in their 50s and above were looking for "nurses with purses". That might not be entirely true, but I've had a couple of dates expire on me. And being a liberal non religious person in a conservative state, the available pool of men I want to spend time with is incredibly small.

Omigosh, @HippieChik58, you've lost two while dating? That's gotta be demoralizing. I agree with @Noellemay, you seem really cool, so maybe start dating them younger?

My kids gave me guidelines. They have to be close to my age than to my oldest daughter's age. I was 26, nearly 27 when I had her, and I will be 60 next week. So right now I can date as young as 47. Meh, I don't really like the younger guys, they usually come with youngsters at home and I don't have an interest in dealing with puberty once again. Or child support issues.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11484
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.