Agnostic.com

15 6

Did you ever dream about something and it came to fruition?

MyLiege 7 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I sometimes dream about everyday life things in such a way that when I'm out and about, I have weird feelings of deja vu. But then I remember that I had a dream that took place in that coffee shop, or I dreamt about work the other day...

Back when I was about twenty, I dreamed I came upon a small house on a hillside. There were three steps that led down to a front entrance that was slightly below grade. I made my way across the front room, which had dangly things hanging from the ceiling, to a window, and looked out to see a castle at the bottom of the hill, and the ocean immediately beyond.

The next day I was to drive a friend to Atlanta to pick up her things from an apartment she had been sharing with some hippie friends I had never met. She directed me to a neighborhood I had never even been near before. We came to a small, white, concrete block building on the side of a hill. The memory of the dream instantly came back to me. As we approached the door, I was shocked to see that it was three steps below grade. Inside, her friends had taped long ribbons to the ceiling, about every five inches, creating a solid waterfall effect across the whole room, that you had to walk through to get anywhere.
I was stunned by the similarities to my dream but comforted myself that at least I knew there were no oceans in view from Atlanta; coincidences happen. Then I spotted a black-light poster on the wall, at about window height. The illustration depicted a castle. On a beach.

skado Level 9 Dec 31, 2017

Eeerie....

I had a very real seeming dream while pregnant with the youngest that it was a boy. I have all girls. At one time after I started a antidepressant medication I dreamed my clothes were hanging on a clothesline, and hopped down and started frolicking in my yard. I haven't had a clothesline in my adult life. So petty much I've never had a dream come true.

Strange situation: Zoned out while reading on my work computer and "saw" a car drive over a cliff. Shortly thereafter, a friend called to say that his car had gone off the mountain. Just a few broken bones but everyone was otherwise okay. This experience gave me a sense of profound connectedness but with no name to identify it.

Whoa weird

Once.

skado Level 9 Dec 31, 2017

Many many times.

My wife sometimes dreams numbers; sometimes I play those numbers, and sometimes they come in, in a manner greater than could be accounted for by chance, but not so great that i could retire. 😉

Nothing like a true dreamer who believed all his dreams would come true. Yes, I have, many times. There are some that feel like I have done it or lived it before. Very surreal.

Some of my dreams do come true-we did a post earlier. People from my past have returned to my life. Cupcakes appear in cupboard. Repeat dreams and continuous dreams.

Sorry for a repeat post 😟

its okay-just wanted you to know if you want to look at it

Well, still waiting for it.

A few times. But as to whether God had anything to do with them (like I thought at the time) is a different thing. With some of them, they just happened to come true (selection bias). With others it was just my subliminal desires anyway, and so me making them come true later was, you know, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Nothing significant. Perhaps banalities, but never anything that stood out as more than daily routine.

No shit Sherlock, yes...

Of course, but it was likely to come true anyway and she was onboard already.

I think this just ripped a hole in the fabric of space-time.

Duke Level 8 Dec 31, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11735
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.