Agnostic.com

31 4

Favorite ice cream flavor!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? I have two: chocolate and lemon. I actually like them together . . . Side by side in the dish. It's difficult to find commercially made lemon ice cream these days, but during the summer months, a New Jersey company called Country Club used to make it (back in the 1950's). These days, we make our own ice cream at home, so any flavor's possible.

RobLawrence 7 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When my boys were children we used to travel around Europe every summer in the car. We always ended up after taking different routes through numerous countries at a place called Palinuro, in Campagnia which is about 100 miles south of Naples. It was there I discovered in a small gelataria my all time favourite flavour......Pistachio....! ? Bellisima.!!

Chocolate chip. ?

@RobLawrence I’ve always wanted to tour the Hershey plant in Pennsylvania. I’ve certainly given them plenty of money over the years. I didn’t know they didn’t do tours anymore. Bummer.

Peppermint or orange sherbet....mmmm

I love peppermint ice cream! It's probably the only reason I look forward to December!

Jamocca almond fudge.

From Baskin-Robbins? That’s my favorite,

@ezwryder Yes, from Baskin- Robbins. It is so good that is it almost decadent.

Coffee ice cream mixed with dark chocolate chunks and roasted almonds. Drizzled with chocolate sauce. Decadent.

Anything with chocolate I'm down for. But peanut butter & chocolate in a waffle cone is my absolute favorite. I really don't like fruity flavors.

Vanilla! Seriously?

Peanut butter!

violet gelato. it's like eating perfume, in the best possible way! (& I love that there are so many other pistachio & peppermint lovers around here!)

@RobLawrence , that's why I said "in the best possible way" - it isn't cloyingly sweet, nor fragrent, it's very gentle/mild. If you've ever had the old violet candies, it is a less sweet version of those.

Chocolate Chip Mint. Mmmmmm....

Pistachio.

Coldo Level 8 June 29, 2018

Cake batter

CM1965 Level 7 June 29, 2018

I think it has to be Cherry..?

@RobLawrence

No really it's Cherry...I just love that flavour and variants of it like morrello etc red cherry, black cherry etc...I know cherry has certain connotations stateside...but I'm totally behaving myself..I promise..besides one doesn't joke about ice cream does one?

Chocolate extreme moose tracks

@RobLawrence
Yeah... sometimes I wonder about the Marketeers.

mint chocolate chip

I usually go to Cold Stone and get chocolate ice cream with Recees Peanut Butter Cups, brownies and minature chocolate chips. I'm a chocoholic.

Fun fact: The first ice cream company to commercially sell mix ins was Ted and Wally's in Lincoln, NE. We used to go there when we had a little money back in my college days in Lincoln in the 1980's. Wonder how wealthy Ted and Wally are these days. I bet those guys are retired, sitting on a beach somewhere and have more money than the catholic church.

Picking only one flavor is ROUGH. Lol. I'm a huge ice cream guy, it's my go-to dessert. I will say I probably order chocolate chip cookie dough the most.

Black walnut and Grape Sherbet

Rocky road.

Chocolate and pistachio/chocolate chip

Honey oat. I had this flavor at a tiny shop in St Andrews, Scotland and it was amazing. I've been trying to recreate it ever since.

GwenC Level 7 June 29, 2018

Holy shit that sounds amazing!

@KCjoe108 it was. Halo Top has a flavor that is close, but not quite the same

@GwenC
I've never heard of Halo Top. Is that a store or a brand name?

@KCjoe108 brand name. It's relatively new on the market

@GwenC
I will absolutely look for that!

Vanilla chocolate chip

I endorse this answer 100%.

How about Neapolitan!!?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.