Agnostic.com

42 3

Favorite Desserts

What is your favorite dessert when you were young and what is it now as an adult? Mine as a child was vanilla ice cream. As an adult it is Blueberry cheese cake.

onlyif 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apple pie

Leftovers, pickled vegetables

Before: ice cream

Now: Bread pudding, followed closely by pineapple upside-down cake and banana cream pie.

My grandmother my dad's mom Would bake a blueberry pie for me on the rare occasion I had gotten to visit with my grandparents there is no comparison I have ever found to that treat. I have taught my self to bake as well as cook. On occasion, I will make a cheesecake. I use Fanny Farmers cheesecake recipe I alter it a tad when making the graham cracker crust I add 1/4 cup of sugar. In the cake itself, I add about 3 tablespoons of triple sec.

Oh this is a hard question...
Brandied fruit or mexican pralines, both of which my grandmother would make. We learned to make the pralines together.

As an adult, real thick classic New York Cheesecake.

As a kid...knickerbockerglory

Now...Sherry Trifle

Then, anything.
Now, everything.

Oh yes, I was raised having 5 deserts/sweets every day - a good Danish family - and liked everything. Now, with super human restraint, its occasionally B&R pralines & creme, peanut M&Ms or warm fruit cobbler with vanilla ice creme. Wouldn't refuse most others either.

Key lime pie.

As a child: Ice cream
Now: Cupcakes

Vanilla ice cream was okay by me then.

As a child lemon meringue pie, as an adult, steamy date pudding with caramel sauce made for me as a reward by one of my young friends every time I help her move house.

Chocolate cake, then and now.

Child: strawberry icecream
Adult: Cheese cake

I'm on a diet at the moment, so desserts are off the menu.

@JustKip

Ha ha!

The Senora Desert, near Hermosillo, Mexico.

But if you mean dessert, I love ice cream cones..pistachio chocolate with chocolate chips.

A puff pastry that is shaped like a horn and filled with white sugary filling. It has always been my favorite. Second is coconut cream pie and third is a whoopie pie

Banana Pudding and Peach Cobbler. Loved it then, love it now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.