39 13

Who here enjoys herbal tea?

Green tea is a staple for me. Today I picked up some hibiscus and dandelion tea. Very tasty!

By Shelton
Options Favorite Like

39 comments

Try Roasted Dandelion Tea. It has a slight coffee flavor to it and it is great to your liver. smile002.gif

patchoullijulie Level 7 July 11, 2018

I recently started drinking roasted dandelion root tea from Traditional Medicinals. It's delicious.

Edited

@resserts That's the best one to drink. They are really conscious of their ingredients. A nice clean product.

I love herbal teas. I currently have peppermint, lemon ginger, lemon zinger (which I think is actually lemongrass) and chamomile open at home. In the fall I like warmer flavors like apple cinnamon. Peppermint is all year round, though.

Minta79 Level 6 July 11, 2018

I looked at the lemon ginger tea today and didn't get it. Maybe next time.

I like herbal and regular tea too. I like fruit flavored herbal teas and mint. I use mint and raspberry leaves from my garden sometimes.

Blissfull Level 5 July 11, 2018

Does English Breakfast tea or Earl Gray count?

Infoguy211 Level 6 July 11, 2018

Sure does

@Shelton I don't mean to be one of those people, but black, oolong, green and white teas are not considered herbal teas. They are all made from the camellia sinensis plant. Herbal teas are made from herbs, spices, fruits, etc and are not truly teas. That said, I love all types of tea, herbal or otherwise! I have wayyy too many in my house at all times. A new favorite brand that I discovered last year is Pukka. They have some lovely blends. (And I apologize for being that person.) smile001.gif

Edited

@dkp93 I am sure most that replied here know the difference between herbal tea and other teas. This is an open forum and the input is welcome. Perhaps the information that you shared was educational for some. Thanks for your response.

@dkp93 thanks for being that person. I knew there was some kind of difference but no clue as to what it was.

Edited

Not me,I like the hard stuff...black tea with milk

Boogey Level 6 July 11, 2018

I'm partial to Oolong.

hankster Level 8 July 11, 2018

I got a milk oolong from Republic of Tea. Amazing!!!

I found one recently I really like: roasted dandelion root. I like a variety: mint, ginger and lemon, Bengal Spice, apple and cinnamon, orange spice, …

resserts Level 8 July 11, 2018

Those all sound great.

I drink ginseng tea almost every day… But never in the morning because that’s my coffee time smile001.gif

ArdentAtheist Level 7 July 12, 2018

Sounds like a tea swap is in order. 😁

Kanda Level 5 July 12, 2018

Trader Joe's Harvest Blend. Sooo tasty, soothing, and the aroma is Cinnamon tranquility. I like sitting outside enjoying a nice evening breeze with this cup.

LilAtheistLady Level 7 July 11, 2018

Drinking a cuppa right now.

CeliaAnne Level 6 July 11, 2018

What kind?

@Shelton Yogi Tea Honey Lavender Stress Relief.

@CeliaAnne
Yogi Tea of any flavor is top notch! My personal favorite blend is Breathe Deep.

@Holysocks I enjoy the little motivations on the tags.

Edited

@CeliaAnne
So do I! And the artwork on the inside of the boxes makes me want to buy colored pencils.

I drink a ginger/lemon tea that I love. I have yet to find a green tea that I like..I’ve tried.

AmiSue Level 8 July 11, 2018

I LOVE herbal teas! I drink them due to caffeine sensitivity. Red Zinger is my fave, followed by mint, lemon spice, and various blends from Teavana.

Zster Level 7 July 11, 2018

Oh man. Red zinger was my favorite iced tea years ago. I was tjrilled when orsnge zinger came out. Makes awesome iced tea.

Yes ginger for stomach, sleepy time for...and others because they taste good.

kltuckmn Level 6 July 11, 2018

I have a whole cupboard of teas - black, green mostly english and Indian with a bit of japanese thrown in for good measure. Then the herbal teas - mint, chamomile, dandelion, and then the medicinal blends.

Donna_I Level 7 July 11, 2018

A strong English Breakfast tea with milk is the kicker starter to my every day. smile002.gif

patchoullijulie Level 7 July 11, 2018

I’m a tea junkie. Not herbal, but oolong, green, black and white. Check this site out.
www.silkroadteas.com

eyespop Level 5 July 11, 2018

I love a strong black tea but want the added benefits of green tea. Now, Tetley makes a “Black and Green” tea blend. I drink about 16 oz hot everyday and all year long.

Markus Level 7 July 11, 2018

I have to be in the mood. I still prefer black or orange pekoe.

KKGator Level 8 July 11, 2018

Green tea with an occasional chai and if really bad, chai latte.

Dougl35534 Level 4 July 11, 2018

I like peppermint.

Donotbelieve Level 8 July 11, 2018

Gotta give that one a try.

@Shelton it's nice iced on a hot day

Oh yes! Nothing wrong with that healthy obsession.

Sara72712 Level 5 July 11, 2018

I brew up a big pot of green and herbal teas every morning, and then ice it and take it to work. I have a 40 ounce Hydroflask, there will still be ice in it tomorrow.

HippieChick58 Level 8 July 11, 2018

Great minds think alike. That is what I plan on doing. Which herbal teas do you favor?

Edited

@Shelton I buy YogiTeas, I mostly drink the joint comfort, and ginko for memory. Yeah, getting old is hell. I like it with raspberry tea, or peppermint.

My little grey cells tell me that if the drink isn’t made with leaves from the tea plant ... it is a tisane.

Hebert54 Level 7 July 12, 2018

I am a tea drinker. Anything that is decaf, because I can't have caffeine.

ShuMei2018 Level 6 July 12, 2018

I try to limit it as well, @ShuMei2018, but Texas makes it hard to do in restaurants. I have to specify "hot tea" because iced tea is the default, and when I ask for anything decaf they may have, they pull out their green tea bags. I've ended up just bringing my own with me and asking for hot water.

@Lauren

I thought I was the only one that brings their own tea to restaurants. I have to be very careful about caffeine.

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!