Agnostic.com

39 11

Does anybody else hate automatic flushing toilets?

They always flush before you're ready for them to.

Mea 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have them at Fidelity in Merrimack, NH where I worked a few contracts. Started getting into the bad habit of not flushing anywhere else.

godef Level 7 July 17, 2018

At least they take care of people that dont

Buddha Level 8 July 17, 2018

You can say that again!

No I hate the faucets. They never come on when you need them to.

antman Level 7 July 18, 2018

Yeah and they shut off while youre trying to rinse your hands off... Then have to stand there, waving your hands in front of the damn things looking like a jackass in order to get the water to come back on...
I hate those damn things with a passion.

My office only has automatic toilets (and sinks which are worse) but I’ve found that if you cover the sensor with toilet paper, it doesn’t randomly flush. And, if you’re all about not wasting paper, you can use that for your final wipe, and walk away knowing you’ve beat the system.

Not as much as i hate assholes that do not flush.

I haaaaate them. I leaned forward to graphics toilet paper stop flushing aaaah the sprayyyyy

My office has automatic toilets. I'm cool with them. I'm okay not touching something everyone else has touched.

Although, there are times at home when I wait for it to flush then have to remember that I'm not at work.

I don't like them either, and I will tell you why, Mea.

They never let me see my own turd and take photos, so I don't like them either. Sometimes I really drop the mother of all turds, and need to upload it to the internet, and send it to loved ones. But those freaking automatic toilets always break my art into pieces.

Sometimes I get lucky and it clogs up the toilet, and I can take my picture to add it to my collection, which is pretty cool.

I don't like them when the pressure is turned up and you get the toilet water mist and splash on the back door.

Like many have said hough I do prefer to it cleaning up after some animal who hasn't flushed.

The are abomination I absolutely hate them!

I don't give a shit!

ipdg77 Level 8 July 25, 2018

If the are working right they are fine. I’ve been on some, every time you took a breath the damn thing flushed! Like ten times while you’re sitting there getting your butt sprayed! ? Also, you have to be very careful not to drop anything into the bowl. If you do, It’s gone!

Not as much as porta potties, outhouses, or the woods.

While it's nice not having to touch stuff - they seem to flush more than they have to - wasting a lot of water !

They used to freak out my kids. With my youngest I'd have to be in the stall with her with her with my hand covering the sensor. She would poop and cry telling me not to let it flush the whole time. It was awful and way to dramatic!

Then always someone in the next stall would flush or someone would dry their hands with one of those really loud dryers and everything would just fall apart. Good times ?

MsAl Level 8 Nov 19, 2018

I don't think I have ever used one

Hate. The feeling of being trapped in a box while this waste receptical showers you with an aggressive flush has always unnerved me.

LOL! We put tape over the sensors at work so put students don t get scared. I am not too crazy about them either.

So being motion triggered, I have an advantage it seems over some of you. I have a wide derriere, so it never flushes until I'm done and standing. If the stall is small enough I either have to leave the stall or manually flush it. LOL.

Nope. They never flush at the right time!

A great way to ensure the water bill is going to be 3 times what it would normally be!

I hate them. We have one at my job that sometimes flushes over and over...even when no one is in the stall. That's a huge waste of water and money.

It should be fixed...malfunctioning motion sensor....tell a manager!

Yea....it ain't over until the paperwork is done! I hate anything automatic! Ain't nothin but a stick shift in my Chevy!

Yes, they always flush before I throw the paper in so I have to flush again--what a waste of money!

Another thing--when my daughter was a newly toilet trained toddler, the toilets would totally scare her & she'd refuse to use them, with the expected results.... I figured out that you can "blindfold" the stupid things with a simple piece of toilet paper over their little glass eyes. They won't flush until you remove it.

Carin Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

Brilliant!

Never experienced thst one. Sounds very awkward!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.