Agnostic.com

33 2

When Is It Time For Sex?

If you're pursuing a long term relationship, at what point do you believe it's appropriate and advisable to have sex with your partner?

• 54 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
ErikGunderson 6 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Different decisions for different folks.

But ideally - it's when you have a partner to have sex with !

You're adults-don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I say it depends on the two people and what they both want.

Most cinemas near me frown on it and the restaurants don't appreciate the extra clearing up so personally I'd wait until after the first date.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 9, 2018

Really a case by case thing, but from my experience it's best to wait a little while so you're both comfortable. Not that the one night stand is wrong, just if you're interested in a long term relationship tge sex is usually better and less awkward if you have an idea of who the other person is and what they're interested in. Still, no rulebook on this one. Play it by ear and if the first night works then nothing wrong with that. I don't really agree with waiting until marriage though. Intimacy should be an important part of finding your match.

Me and my cartoon thinking...

I have had 4 long term relationships and in 3 of them we had sex on the 1st date. Not that I made it a prerequisite it just went that way.

Right now if you're offering, sweetie!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

I should be having sex instead of writing a response.

All and none of the above. Each relationship has its unique qualities and the decision should be among the people involved since it is personal and private.

Betty Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

Is up to you guys and nobody else need to weight in.

if it feels right do it. there isn't a wrong time but there is a right time.

The concept of "purity" is infuriating. If people want to fuck the minute they set eyes on each other, it is their prerogative.

Giggity!

My preference is approximately 11:30 p.m., but it's rather subjective.

When both of them feel like it. On matters that relate to his/her own body, the person in question should be the supreme authority. So if both partners agree to a sexual contact - nobody else has the right to prohibit them from going for it (and the opposite - if one or both partners do not feel ready - there is no authority, the other partner or another, that should be forcing them to do it).

First date, with phones and the internet these days you know each other pretty damn well before you even meet and I'm impatient.

@PhitDoctor50 Your Mileage May Vary

It definitely has to be consensual and legal (no underage sex). I think this poll is closed! lol

I don't know, is it? I don't know how polls work on this board. In any event, I must take the blame for phrasing the question and the poll in such a way that it did not yield the information I was really looking for.

@ErikGunderson, what were you looking for?

Whenever is agreeable for both.

Kanda Level 5 Jan 20, 2018

From the first date on when two consenting adults are ready. It’s their decision..

I would say, "Any time that ends in o'clock."

Lol! Pretty much! Hahaha

I find the whole choice structure unnecessarily arbitrary.

I don't think people should be making decisions like that based on external cultural paradigms.

Do what you want, when you want, BECAUSE you want, for your own reasons. Not because you made a mark on some checklist.

It's like the whole "wait three days before texting" garbage. Who makes these rules??

(no offense, @ErikGunderson. For all I know you're as culturally radical as I am)

I think jumping into the sack too early can set the tone all wrong. Maybe I'm old fashioned.

Hopefully when you both feel like it.

There is no set formula. It must be personal to each couple. So from the first date to probably no more than maybe 2-3 months. But both people must be ready.

I'm usually alone and I almost always have a headache. Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13930
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.