Agnostic.com

17 1

Atheism and pot

Do you smoke pot or do other drugs?

If so, did that have any bearing on your beliefs?

• 17 votes
  • 22 votes
Mikefinn 3 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never smoked (anything) because I was/am a swimmer, surfer skindiver, I never over did it with booze, my liver likes me, and I don't like to dribble.

I don't do any drugs, but I'm of the mind that if you want to do it and it doesn't harm you or anyone else, by all means go ahead.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

I don't do any drugs and never have, but I think pot should be legal

Worst thing about pot.

It is illegal.X100

I experimented with drugs when I was young(er). Basically, all they ever did for me was make me feel ill.

I will drink, but never have enough to get drunk, but just enough to get a light buzz and/or relax.

Jeff Sessions said that "Good people do not smoke marijuana" I suppose that makes George Washington and Thomas Jefferson bad people?

Experimented, but found most intoxicants lacking. Pot makes me puke, literally. No fun in that for me. It also renders those around me senseless and boring, which seems pretty pointless. I won't stop others from their high, but have zilch interest in it myself.

Zster Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I think it all depends on you as an individual whether you find something "good" or "bad" I find that smoking reduces my anxiety and makes me feel happier than anti-depressants. Anti-depressants serve more like a smoke and mirrors gimmick to me to sell and profit off of others misfortune. But, I have been non-religious since 2005-2006 and I didn't smoke until 2008 maybe. So I don't believe it had any effect on my views

I have tried several things during my colorful past but never found that I enjoyed them.

It certainly opened up my mind and had a significant effect on ny empathy. I believe it has been very valuable to me.

Nope. No drugs, no bearing on my beliefs.

As far as I'm concerned, all drugs should be decriminalized and addiction put under the health care umbrella.

This way law enforcement resources can be streamlined and focused on illegal import and contaminated street drugs as well as unscrupulous medical professionals.

Addiction and harm reduction would be at least partially funded by the saving in law enforcement, prison costs, and emergency costs. Pressure on big pharma should make up the rest.

My stance on drugs has and have no bearing on my beliefs where religion is concerned.

Betty Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

I am pot friendly. I've had more trouble with alcoholics than with pot smokers. I've never seen anyone angry or dangerous who smoked weed.

What's in my past stays in my past. Never say never but got good at saying no thanks... until the time is right if ever is right.

I have never viewed pot as a drug. That said, I used to do lots of drugs when I was younger.
By the time the 70s ended, I was pretty much done with them all.
I would rather smoke marijuana than have an adult beverage. It's stupid it was ever criminalized in the first place.
As far as my beliefs go, marijuana, nor any other drugs, have ever had anything to do with them.

I don't smoke pot. I Don't think there is too much wrong with it but legalizing and regulating it seems much smarter than forcing it into back alleys.

Smoke weed. Outgrew all the others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.