Agnostic.com

60 4

People will respect you if you respect them? True or false?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some do and some don't. I find the statement very true if dealing with animals, however.

Eh, not always the case. Some people are just pure assholes and regardless of how nice/respectful you treat them, they’ll still be their self. But most of the time I get a reflection of my actions πŸ™‚

False.
Sure will. Some won't.

It ain't necessarily so. Being respectful is how I roll as a personal comittment. But I never expect that others will reciprocate. Some won't know how so I'm always prepared for that.

I'm disappointed to see so many false answers. Give respect, if you want others to respect you.

Respecting people is very important, mostly yourself. The respect you show to others is an immediate reflection of your own self-respect. People who do not respect themselves, tend to disrespect others. Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue, I want to inspire people to respect to a higher standard like a practice of gratefulness, not less.

A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect. You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected. Respect is earned, good character earns respect, let it be the first thing you give away that represent your ideology.

Don't agree with everyone, still respect one another. Respect starts with self. Don't let others get comfortable with disrespecting you.Just don’t engage with others who don’t respect you. Self-absorbed people lack respect for others. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. Respect yourself to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.

Sad to see this part of non believers. The fear to respond shows me a deeper truth.

Not always but it still feels better

People will do what they're going to do and we have less influence on that than we think. The trick is, that we try to act respectfully, because it's the right thing to do, and become masterfully adept at dealing with others who simply won't care about how they treat others.

False.
Should always be that way but isn't unfortunately

I try to be respectful to every one.
But i think there is a difference between respectful, and respect.
Respectful is just another way I like to be kind.
Respect is something that is earned.
JMHO.

Another persons behavior doesn’t have to dictate mine. I don’t have to be a jerk just because they are.

Do you mean, "People will behave respectfully toward you, if you do the same?"

Sometimes.

False. Unrelated.

The real shitbirds will respect you less because they'll know you're a sucker if you respect them.

Screw them before they screw you attitude.

Out of 600 games to play, this game is the best game to play for a success life.
TIT for TAT

But it is very difficult to measure the marginal contribution, so the strategy of "Tit for tat" has to be adopted in order to encourage members in an organization to secure the encompassing interests

Tit for Tat, you can respect people to different degrees and work with them to different levels or degrees. For I am no better or worst than the next guy. Just let A-holes be A-holes work with at level 1 out of 6. Level 5 or 6 is the highest energy level one can ultimate work with someone.

They should. If not, respect them anyway. Always take higher ground yo.

Regardless, we should always be respectful. The answer is within

In my life i would say that is true.

Roley Level 5 Aug 2, 2018

More like, if you act respectfully .

Sometimes. Respect them anyway.

It's not black and white, some will respect you in return and others won't.

Not always true but they might ignore you or put up with you

Good grief, a big false. What a great idea though, if only. πŸ˜•

False people are generally dicks

Not always

there is little correlation between those I respect and those who respect me, except that both groups are very small.

False, I treat people with respect and often it isn't returned

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.