Agnostic.com

60 4

People will respect you if you respect them? True or false?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not necessarily some people are just assholes

Somewhere around half true/false...

Differentiate between courtesy & respect first.

No. People think the way they do, you don't control them or influence them that much.

I think that’s how people get used. Maybe if you show people you have respect for yourself. Then other will respect you.

Some do, some don't. If they don't, I am through with them.

false. while respect is what you have to give to get, there is no guaranteed return. it's like investment. it takes money to make money, but that doesn't mean your investment will be successful.

g

For the most part, false. Small and very rare exceptions do exist.

False. Maybe once, but no longer.

Mostly true with quite a few exceptions- I don't actually care if someone doesnt respect me it gives me an opportunity to guage how much I want to engage with them .

False... Though realizing that may change your mind

Don't think it's a true or false answer. It's in degrees, from a lot of respect to a great lack of respect.

Like atheists, agnostic to religious extremists. Being an agnostic is flexible for all, and have degrees of respect for each individual regardless of some of their delusions they may carry.

In grad school I learned to offer people unconditional positive regard, no matter who they are. And I found I got the same treatment in return. However, respect is another thing; seems to me it would be kind of phony to act like you respect someone if you really don't.

DES32 Level 4 Aug 3, 2018

Unfortunately that is false. Some people just don't give a shit enough to offer respect even when its deserved.

False you can use fear to garner respect too.

Nardi Level 7 Aug 2, 2018

It's true the very few run the world by fear for now.
To overcome fear is respecting the greater power of love by most in order to conquer it all. As it has always has been throughout human history.

False, people are generally shitty and don't even respect themselves, I bet a large portion of people can't even grasp the concept of respect.

Explain the concept of respect, and teach us all and the world.

False. I'm respectful until someone disrespects me. Then I'm usually pretty relentless.

False. Some rich people will have no respect for no matter , how respectful you are to them. They believe they are superior to anyone who works in retail or makes less than $100,000. Which is very sad.

Then blame the 1℅, I do. Just not most people.

@Castlepaloma Sounds good.

Then blame the 15℅, just not most people.

Not even all the 1℅ are soooo,.. bad.

Greed is the worst virtue of all. The blame game is not very efficient. It's really the natural grass roots people who are the game changer in the long run.

False. Respect changes as people do.

Then change up for the better.
First person who gets angry, you both loose.

some will some won't

Some do and some don't. I find the statement very true if dealing with animals, however.

There is always something you could find in everyone that you can respect. Likely they will respect you back, not all.

When you don't throw out the baby with the dirty bath water.

No

Qiru Level 6 Aug 2, 2018

Usually the case. Not a full proof rule.

MrDMC Level 7 Aug 2, 2018

They do it just given it's earned

No I don't believe t

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.