Agnostic.com

43 10

What irritating song do you hear in stores- that makes you want to leave?

Everywhere I go, I hear Megan Trainor's Me Too. If I could gnaw my own ear off, I probably would. I've left small shops that were playing it, because it grates on my nerves.

I thank God every day (uh huh)
That I woke up feelin' this way (uh huh)
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh…

Poo on you, Megan. poo, poo, poo

silvereyes 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Modern country music grates on my nerves terribly. I know it's unfair to disparage an entire genre of music, and I know that some country music is extremely good, but whenever I hear country music playing in a store or restaurant, I try my best to block it out.

Ugh. I can't stand country music.

Same!

yep... country with a hip hop beat. ain't that some shit?

@IndySent Bo Burnham is wonderful. I love his comedy. I hesitate even to call it "comedy," because it's so much more. He's taken his act from clever YouTube songs to wonderful stage comedy, and then something magical happened: he became one of the deepest, most insightful performers I've ever seen. His most recent special was, in the words of a friend of mine, "the closest I've come to crying watching a comedy show."

Friend of mine, a professor of music, refers to country music as "blue jeans, pick-up trucks and the undeniable superiority of the American way of life" music.

I'm sure you've heard the joke about what happens if you play country music backwards! (you get your wife, car, dog and life back).

@JackPedigo I love that joke. I can't remember where I first heard it, but I think it was about 25 years ago. Classic!

@IndySent I agree with him. The older country was much different than it is now and some of it then was ok.

@JackPedigo I actually hadn't heard that before. Thanks! 😀

Thankfully we still have the likes of Eric Church and Steve Earle writing and performing today. Without artists like that, country would be utterly and completely dead to me.

When I am in the coffee shop I DO block out any so-called music; I put on actual music on the computer and I have huge earphones. An' thet thar country music gives me the urge ta go out an' shoot a gopher. That would be mean though; it probably hates country music as much as I do.

Last Christmas by Wham.
Also I many moons ago I used to work in a women's clothing store over the Christmas school break (Which goes from mid December to beginning of February in New Zealand) and they played that song on repeat all day long everyday. I was so close to walking out so many times.
They still play is repetitively in malls and on the radio these days. Ugggggghhhhhh

Sacha Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

lol

Fairytale of New York by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl too. Great song, but once I've heard it for the millionth time (which is usually the last week of October) it starts getting on my nerves a bit.

Wake me up before you go go-Wham

Most hip hop or gangsta rap of today. Constantly degrading women calling women hoes talking like they can't be touched and how they are having sex with your wife or girlfriend and they are players that all women want plus there bad boys pfff.....and on and on and on with the disrespect but there all about god and have faith that god will except them into heaven. Then call you a hater if you don't like there music. I can't stand how this music has infected our youth today. These kids act out just like what they see there favorite artist TV. There acting or mimicking the stereo-types of blacks today and complain when there getting harassed by the police. Now guys like me have to deal with the same harassment cause nobody can tell the different between a black gentleman who knows the value of chivalry and respect. Yes I have dreads, yes I'm black, yes I'm poor,yes I smoke weed occasionally, yes I have no college, no im not in a gang, no I don't mistreat women, no I don't find women who call themselves whores attractive at all, no I'm not a christian, no I don't where jewelry, no I don't play basketball or football, no I don't drink beer or liquor i prefer wine. no I don't listen to Hip Hop or Gangster Rap, No I don't support Donald Trump because he seems racist I don't support him cause hes and Idiot with no morals or knowledge of politics and a pathological lair. I like Dub Step, Alan Walker, Marshmallow, Skrillex, Dead Mouse, Flux Pavilion extra..........., music that doesn't have much words or influence just melody and beats. I can't stand Gangsta rap or Hip Hop there beats and melody are mostly good but don't care for the lyrics.

Macarena..damn now the fucking song is in my head... grrrrrr

Yep, heard it too much and the dance...shhhshshh. Gipsy kings and Los del Rio. Damn it I used to live in Spain. It was not a novelty sound or music to me. And you have to say... macarena!!!!!!! GRRRRRR

LMAO!! I have left stores once I heard a religious song playing. It's generally why avoid physically shopping during the "holiday season." I mostly avoid stores that I know will play music I am uninterested in hearing. Basically, hearing anything country or religious. Also, that heavy rap stuff where every other word is the n word.

Actually, the best music played is at the Goodwill. For real.

Ditto on country, religious, but I can't really take much rap at all.

Christmas music drives me bonkers every December. Wish it would stop.

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 21, 2018

Susan, what do you mean "December"? How about "November to some time in January"? I think I crash through the door on leaving.

Music never irritates me....but kids running amok do.

Reminds me of this scene from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin":

lol Thankfully, I don't know the song. The grocery store is the only store I spend any appreciable time in, and they play some rock oldies, so it's not annoying. 😛

LOL I hate Christmas music after about a week... so hearing it in October makes me want to scream.

Ya, it is meant to be torture- and it is.

Any goat ropin boot scootin boogie country shit kickin crap about sends me over the edge. I will leave the bar if they got that shit playing in the background and even in the store. That twangy ass 4 chords over and over with no beat, no energy, nothing shit they call music. Makes me want to vomit.

That stupid song by Bastille... Pompeii? Vesuvius?
Makes no freaking sense. And the Budweiser toads in the background......
I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a stick than listen to that.

I can tune out stuff I don't like, but religious music is like sucking on a wet mitten and running teeth over a popsicle stick. I'd rather suck on a dozen lemons and hear fingernails scratching a blackboard during the entire shopping trip!

Every damn thing from Michael Bolten and Kenny G that the K-mart satellite system played during the time I worked there for five years.

I always thought that Kenny G should make an album of him blowing the same damn note, non-stop for 60 minutes. I think his fans would love it.

Seriously though, I don't know how anybody can work in places like that where they play the same crap over and over again. I worked on a construction project in a retail store that lasted several months while the store remained open and it drove me nuts, being forced to listen to that.

It was like being forced to chew on foil wrapper 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week for 5 years.

I usually don't notice the music unless it's something I really like. Besides, when I'm in a store I am usually there for a specific purpose. I go in, get what I need, and then leave.

I haven't heard anything like that in awhile. I do remember walmart playing walmart adds. Kmart doing the same thing....ugh.

Absolutely anything by Ed Sheeran - the most insipid, insincere, clearly-only-in-it-for-the-money, dull, tedious, oleaginous pop star in history.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

Makes me glad I'm unfamiliar with him. lol

@bingst I don't think he's really made it in the US yet, but he's inescapable here.

@witchymom Oh no - the US has been infected. Is nowhere safe from the ginger plague?!

Almost any Christmas music makes me want to leave.

Or heave.

Any modern country music.

Another place that really chaps my butt is restaurants. I don't go there to listen to some shitty music, I go there to eat. If I want music with my meal I'll just use my mp3 player. At least I can listen to what I want.

Annoying Christmas music that repeat the songs every freaking ten minutes.

On junk radio, that is inflicted on a person in stores, there is that 'stutter-yodel'- an actual piece of current, so-called music. If they ca-ca-ca-can't get it out, why bother? -------- And "poo". The current 'Premier of Ontario' is a pervert, with a 15% approval rating- don't know what keeps it so 'high'. She has tried to legislate non-gendered pronouns,eg, instead of "he" or "she": "zhe". But zhe is POO. "It" is also a pronoun and put a "z" in front of that, we get "zit". Zit is ----! Wonder what rhymes with "zit".

"Jesus loves me" - I only go to a Christian Hobby store when equipped with a 40% off rebate and purchase exactly 1 item but their musac makes my skin crawl.

You're so vain... you probably think this song is about you... don't you... don't you...
It IS ABOUT HIM... Jesus!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.