Agnostic.com

38 8

What inspires you to follow a member's posts on Agnostic.com?

I'm dying to know.

Intelligence, humor, wisdom, kindness, crudeness, absurdity, sarcasm, writing skills or what?

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I follow people who have made intelligent or humorous posts...I admire good writers...I also belong to an age set that interests me...I love smart women who are not threatened by other smart women...I love quirky artists and crazy young people...yeah, I follow a lot of people....and yes, I am a stalker...I want to know everything about a person because I am curious and a very fast learner and reader...my eyes are on all of you...ha ha ha

Terrifying!!!!
😉

Bring it.

I am a really good researcher and I love finding out about people...I have a psychology background and it is so cool to learn what makes people tick...nothing nefarious...nothing scary...just good old fashion interest in people...all kinds..it is a good thing and if it bothers anyone, I respect their wishes...I am not a creep

I think I understood me better by your post

@Bigwavedave ha ha I just point out what people already know about themselves...I am a good mirror...

I follow several people. They followed me or I liked what they had to say and am interested to hear more.

Humor, compassion and writing skills.

All of the above..but it's a feeling that you would like that person as a friend or whatever..you click with some aspect of their personality or values..you find them interesting..and look forward to your next exchange..simply put you like them..you may not even know why.....

Funny, thought provoking or enlightening posts.

I'm a sapiosexual. So smart, funny, creative people turn me on - and I want to know more about them.

Intelligence, something interesting especially science related. No drivel.

Humor & intelligence. Or if I like them.

Carin Level 8 Aug 14, 2018

Sincerity. Intelligence. Common interests.

You have a great picture and an interesting profile write-up. I also love hiking. It was an easy choice.

@GuyKeith

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. Wish we lived closer.

@Guy Keith

What do you think of the selfie I took today? Made this dress for summer fun.

August 14, 2018.

@LiterateHiker Looks great.

@GuyKeith

Thank you!

@LiterateHiker Great smile. The map fills the space. And is that a bongo in the corner? Interesting?

@LiterateHiker Here is a recent pic, less than a month old. I'm the one with the hair, on the right. I'm not slim, but I'm fit. If you are looking for Colorado Spandex, hit the back button 🙂

I've been on this site for two months and have followed maybe 3 members. The first couple of times I scrolled looking for black faces intending to follow each one. Of course there were very few, which wasn't unexpected. Possible topic for discussion another day.

@Akfishlady I'd like to learn more about that too.

The intelligence and wisdom, humor, caring, and humanity expressed in that person's posts. A bit of the iconoclastic does not hurt.

I don't follow anyone's posts. I only belong to a few groups.
Honestly, I have no idea why anyone follows my posts.

Pretty much what everyone else said...?

It's always because of one specific post that tells me they understand what they're talking about, and have consideration for many different points of view. But I also like to see that they are consistently kind. Kindness is big in my book. Thoughtfulness comes after that. And I guess in third is feminism and having an anti-racist bent. Sorry, little all over the place. Mind if I follow you? 🙂 (I'm serious - I love your posts.)

not sure yet. i just got here. i am not yet following anyone. i am, rather, looking for familiar names whenever i appreciate a post. when i notice that i am smiling a lot at the same person's posts, i will then follow that person.

g

Yes, all those except crudeness.

I'm following 3 people.
2, because they are older, "men of the world" , who I feel are wiser than me, and offer really interesting topics and advice/views to the community.
The 3rd person I feel empathy for.

Really that sounds good

@bigpawbullets Respectfully and innocently, I must say; you are so gorgeous!

@SleeplessInTexas
Even my wife would only use the term "rugged" to describe my looks.
😉

Hoping to hear new ideas from non theists. There are none.

That it is an interesting post motivates me.

I follow the ones l feel l would like to meet in person. It is just a feeling l get after awhile.

Yep I'm the same.

It's never occurred to me to follow someone else's posts, I just hit the DISCUSS button and check to see if I see anything interesting, if it was posted by someone I have found to be interesting in the past I will definitely click on it.

I didn't know that there was an option to follow anothers posts.

@TristinNuvo

When you open someone's profile, on the upper right it says "Follow Posts." Click on that.

If you change your mind, open the person's profile and click on "Unfollow Posts."

Je ne sais quoi

@Qualia,

Je ne sais quoi means "a quality that cannot be described or named easily."

Interesting answer. Thanks.

Mais Oui.

Nice body.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.