Agnostic.com

15 7

I love to paint in acrylics. Is anyone here an artist?

Paintmebright 5 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Acrylics and pastels. Trying to get back into water colors.

I love painting with acrylics. When I was younger I used oil paints. Acrylics dry so much faster and are more versatile. (And cleaning the brushes is a breeze!)

I started making mosaics with broken wine and beer bottles. It doesn't require talent, just a lot of patience.

I like your vintner painting, btw. It looks great!

I do everything. My motto is "whatever works". Here are a couple of things indicative of my work, but there's lots more...I welcome the opportunity to chat and share with other artists!

I am. Trained as a functional potter. I also do cast iron sculpture and printmaking.

I am currently working in ceramics, leather, and metal props, mainly for my historical re-enactment group. Here's pic of a bust of Tesla and a couple of mugs I made recently. I've also worked in other media from Illustrator to punk rock cartoons.

What kind of re-enactment? I'm an on again off again member of the SCA...

@Freespirit64 I mainly do pirate reenactment. Our membership overlaps with SCA. We also do Wild West, steampunk, and Victorian. We just did a private party with Visigoths, medieval knights jousting, and us shooting our flintlocks and cannons.

@PuppeteerPhil
That sounds absolutely wonderful! I love that stuff! It's so much fun. So. Much. Fun!

I love art in general but I love to paint with my toddler we haven't in a while been moving a lot lately but she and I love abstract art and tie die art.

I like ceramics myself. Also work with the arts and youth so it is my passion..plus its great therapy.

Wow, nice job on your sky wine! Just tried acrylics last weekend - they dry soo fast! Usually do pencils, ink, charcoal, or watercolor - like the Trump Head reaching down to touch the hearts of Trumpublicans everywhere. It wasn't Palin, but we got 'P' eed on anyway.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

I teach art to elmentry students

@Paintmebright sound fun. I need to add that can of class too. How do you think theater and creative writing would go over?

@Paintmebright everything is more fun with wine.

yes, I am an artist in pastel/l/pencil and concrete.

thank you

Yes, nice stuff!

thank you too

Yes, I'm an 'amateur Artist here in Broken Hill, NSW, Australia, very little actual 'Art Training,' except for in High School, I use acrylic paints, old house paints or whatever I can get that is available fairly cheaply.
I also carve Emu Eggs when I can legally get them.
I've attached a couple of my amateur works for anyone who is interested to have a look at them.

Sorry, I don't think they attached properly, I'll try adding them to my profile instead.

@Triphid
I had to look them up on your profile. I like that you used corrugated metal? Is that what that is? The Egyptian hieroglyphics are cool too!

Oh yes...Emu eggs? That's a new one for me and quite fascinating. Love to see pics of those.

I fancy myself an artist, although I've never sold a painting. I do clay sculpting and oil painting. I see you are from El Paso--that's where I was born/raised!

@Paintmebright No, I have not been back in probably ten years!

Paint by numbers? Hows el paso. I was at ft. Bliss for 2yrs. I miss all the good food, and clubs.

Hi Paintmebright,I use acrylic paint as oil paints take too long to dry.But I like the look of oil paintings better.

oil paints tend to be able to have lots of transparencies in layers to build forms and light blah blah blah...and though acrylics can be used this way it seldom carries the same.

why acrylic?

It dries quicker than oil paints.

i try to draw and paint a little. heres a fun one.

I'm not advocating oils, just wondering if you tried them. There are of course the fumes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16107
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.