Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Someone who will accept the introverted me and realize that I am usually a quiet person.

Honesty, pure and simple.

Sense of humor and kindness.

This is difficult because I have several things that I would put as number 1. However, I would have to say a close friendship is the number 1 thing. It appears from studies that friendship is what holds people together in a happy way the longest. If people are true close friends then the sex life, the other issues regarding money, and any other issue can be worked out. And, when there are times that sex may not be as important due to medical issues, friendship can outlast everything else.

Hmm.... If I had to narrow it down to just one thing, it would have to be honesty.

I'm attracted to intelligence and humor, so they are necessary. But I think the most important quality is the trust that stems from honesty.

CS60 Level 7 Nov 4, 2017

Humor

Waltz Level 4 Nov 4, 2017

The most important thing in a relationship is loyalty. Without it you will have betrayal!

Security if a partnepartner makes me secure in all levels then that's a great partner I had that he mage Mr feel she no matter the situation found oneself in...he was confident calm and confident he could handle himself in most any situation. It was bliss I miss him soooi much

Elegance
That said, it is a moving target.

To be honest at this point of my life I'm looking for a partner who is honest with me, a woman that enjoys spending her time together as time is all we have.

Someone who is equally happy being on their own, and doesn't need me.

Companionship without co-dependency

Honesty. If you can't be honest about everything with your partner, nothing will ever truly work.

I see a lot of people commenting honesty, others loyalty, and a few mentioning trust. All of these things are important.

I'm going to have to go with partnership. I would want to know that no matter what happens in life my significant other is looking out for both of us, not just themselves. They don't have to put me first in all things, that would be an unfair expectation. I just would want her to think about how any decision worth giving thought to would affect us both, and take my thoughts and feelings into consideration before deciding.

I'm looking for perseverance. Someone who's willing to work as hard as it takes to make it work. I was asked in sexual psychology class. What is it that keeps couples together. Everyone raised their hands and said love, a few said great sex, as you might expect but mostly love. The professor said " it's commitment. People have to work at it. I think that many people who divorce just give up.

also honesty, my parents are very committed... to a lie

I disagree... People who divorce didn't just give up... they were depressed... there is an epidemic of depression in America. At first I thought it was just simply we went from repairing broken things to replacing. But this guy link it all up with research...

[think.kera.org]

Honesty and communication are the most important! You also have to have some degree of trust. It's hard to pick just one thing because all of them are very important!

Honesty followed by compassion loyalty

NoH8 Level 2 Nov 16, 2017

It's hard to say exactly what it is, but charisma. Personality.

I'm not really looking, but if it happens I find someone it would be emotional companionship and partnership above all else — a woman I can feel connected to on a deeply emotional level. There are other things that are important, of course, but that's my #1.

I look at how someone treats others. Being trans, gender doesn't matter to me. I fall for those who practice virtue and look to do good for others

All the matters is that we get along

Common interests. Everything else is either a given in a relationship like faithfulness, honesty, and sexual satisfaction or are personal preferences like body shape, hair color, or even if they have kids or not. I need to be able to mutually enjoy some things with my significant other, not all the things, but enough to where we aren't always perusing different avenues for entertainment or adventure as otherwise things won't make it far. What's the point in sharing your life with someone if you aren't really sharing anything with each other? I almost said altruism but that's one of those givens as it's hard to be with someone who treats others poorly.

Connection. If we connect and get along that's a good start.

Same thing everyone wants. A woman who won't eat all my damn cheetos!

Mongo Level 1 Nov 27, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.