Agnostic.com

186 9

What are you most looking for in a relationship? Just your # 1 Thing

Just your #1 top pick
What is the most important quality in a partner? Is it a great sexual partner? Is it someone who can bring home a nice paycheck? Or is it something else?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

186 comments (101 - 125)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spice and shared companionship. Care to move to Ohio? πŸ™‚

Compatibility is the one word. For me that implies very smart, independent thinker, mutual chemistry, and has their shit together.

Companionship, intimacy, fellowship, friendship, company, interesting conversation.....and.....sex

Someone to actually love me and my personality.

Sex is great, a fat paycheck would be lovely but for me it is someone I feel totally relaxed with and whom I love little more each day.

The number ! thing is honestly not much else matters if you do not trust the one you have nothing

Calmness and reason. The time I was with my son's mother taught me that I value being right more than supporting my partner unconditionally. Therefore, I need someone who can calmly discuss situations and bases their ideas and actions on evidence.

Emotional maturity - which is an umbrella statement that encompasses other character traits of being...

Trust and respect. There is nothing worse than a fraud. Everything else is totally inconsequential.

Intelligent conversation.

Honesty

Intelligence and humor (yes it’s two things, but I find intelligence and humor go hand-in-hand)

Intelligence and humor go hand in hand. You can't really have one without the other

Companionship. The ability to share a multitude of experience with a positive outlook and a genuine curiosity about the world, and enjoy doing it together.

Physical attraction, good communication, common interests.

Radical honesty. Which requires a great deal of self awareness. If you have a propensity for fooling yourself, you will inadvertently be dishonest with others. "The first rule is do not fool yourself. And you're the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

Overall compatibility , and that indefinable spark !

Shared experience. exploring the world, learning and growing together.

Friendship + Connection. I think it's very important to be friends and have things in common.

Does "breathing" count?

Connection...every relationship from a pet to a lover. Connection!

Trust is the baseline for me.

Used to be big tits, but now its no drama and a shared interest in having a pleasant time.

About how long ago did you ditch the big tits desire/requirement to have great interpersonal romantic relationship?

@BlueWave I admit to being just humorous here although I did put way too much importance on the physical side in my youth. Truthfully intelligent conversation is more of a turn on nowadays. I have been single all but 6 years of my adult life, I have lived a wonderful and interesting life. I am looking for no one but would enjoy a good, intelligent companion.

Honesty.

Kanda Level 5 Jan 20, 2018

Authenticity - more than simple honesty, it is a willingness to let someone in, be vulnerable and know that Child in all of us. I once heard it put very well. β€œIf you share with me what you hate about yourself, I will Love it for you.”

I stay away from gold diggers, that’s my #1 pet peve.
Also women that high maintenance.
To much makeup is a turn off.
Just an average bod is good with me no need to be a super model.
Chemistry is also important to me.
If finding thease traits are hard to find thease days.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.