Agnostic.com

90 10

What is something you ate growing up that you never ate again once you became an adult?

For me it is hog maws, chitterlings and pig feet. In our household you had to eat what your parents cooked or you didn't eat. I haven't had any of those things since moving out of my parents home.

Shelton 8 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

90 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A stick of rhubarb dipped into a bag of sugar

Chip beaf on toast. Gag

Chef Boyardee - boom!

Liver

Sardines, potted meat spread, liver and onions, cow tongue, kidney pie, or anything kidney, canned tamales, beets, vienna sausages.

Cow's Tongue and another gross one.... Liver & Onions.

Also...NO LIMA BEANS!

Bacon. I lived close to a pig farm as a kid, and realized in my teens that pigs are sapient and incredibly intelligent creatures. Like how I won't eat dolphin or dog, I added pig to that equation as well.

Plain. Bisquick. Mix. ?????

Oh you mean that my parents made me eat ??? um. Meat.

Shell Fish, I developed an allergy in my early teens. I tried some garlic mussels in my mid thirties and the allergy was still there. I got violently ill.

Bacon, Turkey, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, soda, boiled anything...

I never again drank milk as an adult. It's disgusting.

Carin Level 8 Sep 14, 2018

Liver. There was a time when that was touted as being incredibly healthy and good for you. My mother stopped cooking and eating it once she found out that organ filters out all the hormones and antibiotics and other crap they put into animal feed. I had been telling her that for years....

Oh....and I just remembered --- Garbonzo beans. My father loved them and insisted we eat them. ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

Spam. And fried bologna.

I grew up very redneck..... Post undergrad, the food selection got better when I was working a decent paying job and had more $. Before then, lots of canned tamales (ick, now).... Potted meat, (ick, ick)... Deviled ham.... I hated ketchup, but my older brother would eat ketchup sandwiches..... As a little kid I was anemic and had to eat liver.... I hated it then, and it is worse than hate now for it!

Ohub Level 7 Sep 9, 2018

,5X can

My dad made me drink dextrose milk after he got a case of it and didn't like it. I hated it.

Liver..... I was very very poor and my parents sucked as providers so I would pretty much eat anything that I could get ahold of once I grew up and could get my own food I found out there were a whole lot of things I didn't like

Milk. I drank lots is a kid, but haven't had a glass in fifty years.

Sliced hot dogs in BBQ sauce and fried spam

Chicken liver. My little sister loved it, so we would try to create distractions and put it on her plate when our parents weren't looking.

My parents catered to my picky eating, but I used to eat pickled beets and margarine out of the tub. Eww.

Liver. So gross.

Potato and onions

Pigs ears....My description is, disgusting

Lima beans and cow tongue.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.