Agnostic.com

13 0

Who Is Your Favorite Fictional Deity?

Yeah i know, they're all fictional, but some are cooler than others! i rather like prometheus, and baldur, who are not even from the same mythology. (my definition of mythology: "someone else's religion." ) i also like the god of chassidic folklore, who is a bit wishy-washy, well-meaning but easily influenced by both man and (equally fictional) devil (which, by the way, is a pagan concept that the christians coopted but which is not part of judaism; it certainly is part of jewish folklore, though).

g

genessa 8 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Odin is my favorite.

gilgamesh demi god but im sure thats fine

yep, demi works too!

g

Loki or Bacchus

Venus....really any of the beauty goddesses with a good personality.

I like Vulcan. The only god I am aware of who has a disability, yet all the other gods (ancient Roman & Greek), seem to often turn to him when they have problems. He seems to be the most mature and responsible of the gods.

wonderwoman!

I forget his name but there is this one dnd god I always found amusing.

He was originally a Mortal and lived in this city that was built around this gigantic ancient temple. Said temple supposedly housed a great trial that could turn a man into a God if completed. I say supposedly because no one that has ever attempted it survived the trial. Until this one guy got blackout drunk and entered the temple on a dare. And completed the trial. He has no idea what he did in the temple, he just knows that when he sobered up he was a god.

I always liked that one.

I'd probably choose Freyja.

JimG Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

Difficult question.

The Mayan god Quetzalcoatl, for having the most unpronounceable name.

Medusa, the Greek goddess with snakes writhing around her head for hair. Quite the fashion statement.

By Athena's curse (for marrying Poseidon), anyone Medusa looked upon turned to stone. Useful.

At 15, I wished I could turn my 12-year-old brother into stone. One scornful glance and BAM! Frozen for eternity. Sweet.

My little brother was my nemesis when I was a teenager.

The Morrigan, and Goddess Kali.

It would be cool if that Jesus dude would come round here and actually turn some water into wine. Sancerre please JC.

Hercules, a real man lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.