Agnostic.com

25 7

What kind of laugh do you have?

When you're really laughing, what is it like?

• 21 votes
  • 15 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 10 votes
silvereyes 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I mostly guffaw, a deep belly laugh FEELS good. A friend pulled a very funny inside joke on me once, in public, and I literally fell out of my chair. I will knee jerk react to something funny faster than something serious. I may sort of shreak at first then dissolve into laugher. I am loud, which sometimes annoys non loud laughing people but there is a group I some times play dominos with and several are louder than me and then it get infectous and people leave the room.

Depending on the situation, it could be any one of those listed, but I think the Guffaw is my favorite. 😀 😉 🙂

Hate to admit it, but I bray - it's one of the many downsides to having a posh accent and I've been trying to change it to a normal laugh for years.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 23, 2018

@silvereyes I hate it! People assume you're rich and a snob if you have a posh accent, I'm neither!

relaxed chuckle.

My giggle is infectious. It makes about 90% of people laugh or at least smile and mention it. I have encountered 2 people who hated it strongly enough to say so. It is my signature though. In the last 14 months, my hair started shoulder length, then was clean shaven and has been every shade between in random cycles. My beard/goatee has changed randomly as well, so acquaintances don't recognize me by my face, just my laugh.

That was great!

I don't hold back and laugh till it hurts and I'm in tears and breathless

I often laugh rather silently, even when I find something quite funny, maybe uttering a deep "hm-hm" in the back of my throat that wouldn't be especially loud. In conversation, I think I put effort into a "ha ha ha" when I laugh, just to convey my amusement to the other party.

I'm glad you made this a multiple choice poll.

I'm a chortle and a snicker. 😉

I guffaw & snort..my snort actually sound more like short, sharp snores..like..bwaahaasnorthaaahaa

I am an extremely sarcastic person, as you might have gathered. So, most of the time, when I laugh, it is one of two things; a condescending snigger, or a light chuckle. I don't really do the full-on laughs.

Several have that sinister the get out of the way style, got make the kids giggle laugh, The snide or fake where something is not really funny. How the one sounds at something that is just funny no idea no one has ever said.

Another good topic from you...
Mine can vary, but did I miss your answer ? Let me guess a giggle for you ???

I can do the out loud laugh, chortle, smiling and internalize its liking.

Wow, that's a good question. I've never heard myself laugh, so I don't really know.

Depends on what I am laughing at. Can range from a chuckle to a roar of laughter.

Wife says I'm a monster laugh. I don't get it.

@silvereyes. Yep...lol.

Loud here...

I laugh full on especially when something unexpected is really funny. I occasionally snicker or chortle. When I am talking to a client, I sometimes try to totally suppress my reaction which is an unwelcome chore... I'm naturally expressive.

Which ever one you have, keep doing it. We have a lot of laughing around our house. We seemed to make that a priority, to make the other laugh. Throw in a hug or two, and life is good.

They say laughter is the best medicine. I think I've overdosed.

Evil, not as evil as other evil I had seen and at times capable of cut it in progress. Not a hollywood cut out evil... controlled evil. Other times I am just a joyful kid at 64 letting it go in the playground.

At least, I think I chortle. My wife might describe it differenly 🙂 I have to be very careful about laughing out loud too much, because it makes me cough uncontrollably. (And yes, I have seen doctors and a respiratory physician and I've had scans and tubes stuck down my throat and they found nothing amiss.)

I am more a chortle but had to put bray. I live across the street from a pony farm. There are no ponies but there are 4 donkeys. When a car passes they make the strangest sounding brays. People always say hat was that?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.