Agnostic.com

67 8

Are you happy enough?

Are you content to live the rest of your life at your current average level of happiness?

skado 9 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like the quantification of happiness to me. I have known many people over the years who firmly believed that when they attained their goal that they would be happy, however, any happiness that I observed in them was of brief and sometimes momentary duration.

Yep!

I'm not happy, but I believe I can make some positive changes if or when I learn to push myself to do so. My depression makes it hard to feel it's worth trying, though. I can make serious efforts to expand my limited social life, to learn better self-discipline, to take care myself and health better. I just have a damn hard time pushing myself and exercising self-control though.

As for the depression, I'll probably feel a good bit better when I get my meds straightened out.

Absolutely. For me that means adding value to my life regardless of what i do. Even doing nothing is doing something. LLOL

Yes, have been for some time...

Happy comes and goes...contentment, when attained, stays...

Content enough I guess. I am still working on improving the average though.

The average is already substantially higher than it was when I was a believer, so there's that.

Certainly not as happy as I could be.

I'm pretty sure that is what is going to happen but I do have some things I want to get done before I leave. They might make me happy.

I'm happier as atheist than I was religious. Free from the bs of religion lifted a great weight off of me.

Sometimes.

Yes.

No. I wouldn't make it, mentally or emotionally

Yeah, this would be great. No chronic pain, no debilitating disease, no need to worry about food or shelter, on good terms with all of my family. Yeah, I'm good to go here. I am also taking lots of pictures, because they last longer. 🤓

Yes, every second of conscious awareness is an overwhelming miracle.

Yeah! The more you think about it , the less happy you get!

i wouldn't trust anyone who was.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:179312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.