Agnostic.com

63 15

What items on a person’s profile here make them an easy ‘Nope!’ for dating?

Browsing members, reading comments, posts; I found a few with instant turn offs for me.
Religious/Believer/Spiritual
(Spiritual as defined here- belief in a supernatural entity)
‘Hookups’ listed
Member of conservative groups

Certainly there’s more to weigh within the profiles but these are instant Nope! for me.
How about you?

AmiSue 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

63 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just look at mine...lol. seriously, I now use this site more for community and a bit of comic relief. Certainly being single, I am receptive to women and believe some of the women on this site to be the most remarkable people, but I am an old dog and though "I clean up nice", I believe more in reality than social niceities. So my suggestion is talk with people and find out. Profiles are very poor outlines.

In some women's bio's they will say some version of, they are honest or brutally honest is a red flag because more often then not it just means they're rude and Ill-mannered and very thinned skinned if you call them on it. Kind of like people claiming they're stable genius's. No need to say that stuff we'll figure it out pretty quickly.
Only head shots is a big no no too.

@AmiSue
I have gone through a persons answers before and pointed the contradiction in their answers out to them and man that makes'm cranky. ?

@AmiSue
I'm a big fan of telling women on Twitter to "calm down" they seem to love that too. ?

Smoking.
Recreational Drug use.
Vague Bios.
Super short Bios.
Pictures of them holding animals they murdered.
Pictures of them with their minor children. I believe they are violating their child's right to privacy by posting such photos.
Children under the age of 18.
Extreme Left or Extreme Right politics.
Religious shit.
Couch potatoes.

U r soo right about pics w minors . I can't stand that . I think it's dangerous and hideous .

@Pralina1 Right? I'm hoping a whole generation of crotch moppets grows up and sues the living f**k out of their parents for violating their right to privacy. I will LMAO if that happens.

@SkotlandSkye and people do not realize that their kids pics are viewed by pedophiles everywhere . Facebook , web pages , everywhere . Day after day I watched fair weather friends of Facebook posting pics of their kids in bikinis , school infos , bus info , everything . Pics at front doors where u can clearly see address number too .
Few years ago I deleted everyone and kept 100 peeps w brains .
At dating sites , both men and women careless , u won't send stranger your pics but your kids bodies and faces everywhere ... bcz telling prospective boyfriends that u also have a young girl or boy at home , and look , here is a pic !, is a good idea . No . Does not make u look like a good mommy or daddy . It makes u look like a careless ass in my book at the times and days we live . Here I said it . ??

• Pictures with kids (I do check to see if they say if the kid is a niece or nephew) or say they have kids
  • Conservative, MAGA, Trump supporter
  • Love to hunt, fish, or shoot guns
  • If they put God/Jesus before everything else

So, can we still be friends?
😉

In my case the 100% deal breaker is distance 😮

As soon as someone starts to get demanding and tell what they will and will not tolerate I kind of head the other direction. I understand that people have their needs likes and dislikes I just don't like it expressed in an arrogant uncompromising Style

@AmiSue gosh no I thought you were quite polite I was just trying to honestly answer your question

I won't tolerate smokers because I have a very negative reaction to smoke. If that makes someone head the other way, that's fine. We wouldn't work out anyway and we just saved each of us some time.

I am content with any "nopes" on my profile. I am what I am. At least I'm honest.

Anti-marijuana, I hope they don't ever get arthritis or have chronic pain.
Anti-gun, I'm not saying everyone needs a Ma Deuce but if you think the cops will protect you, think again.
Anti-hunting, I'm not a hunter, there is need to keep some animals population in check.
Politics, I don't care for political arguments.
Motorcycles, if you don't like my Ducati because it's not a harley, piss on you.
When a person says a few extra pounds. What yardstick are they using, the BMI scale or do all their friends weigh 250 and they weigh 265?
Children at home or in some cases children period.
People who think once they reach a certain age they are mature.
Being entitled.
Thinks my hobbies are a waste of money.
If they don't understand the difference between a Klipsch LaScala and Wal-Mart speakers.

If I seem opinionated that's because I am, these things are non-negotiable and I know I will be single the rest of my life so it's no big deal. Meanwhile I'll be smoking a joint (you can't get pain meds anymore), listening to my audio system, looking through my telescope, riding my Ducati and protecting them all with my .357 Magnum. I'll get by.

7.6 Billion humans on the planet wreaking havoc and destroying the environment.....I would take it that you agree there is a need to keep humans in check too....so, when should we declare open season? Asking for a friend.....

Regarding the anti-marijuana people. I find it funny the ones on dating sites(one site in particular)who answer the question "Do you use drugs?" With a definite no, after answering earlier that they drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Right, just approved drugs, Lol...

@ronnie40356 Exactly. I always thought it was funny when people say "drugs and alcohol" as if there is a distinction.

@SkotlandSkye I've done my part, no children manufactured here.
....so, when should we declare open season? Wait for the signal, you'll know when it happens.

There are so many. Trump supporters/super conservative assholes. Misogyny or any type of fragile ego. No job (doesn’t necessarily have to be a high paying job). Any type of prejudice is absolutely the biggest turn off of all time. Must be dog and kid friendly. I should also add anyone who can’t speak or write basic English. Unless, of course, English isn’t there first language. Maybe I’m too picky ?

Their*

MAGA hat, crazy supernatural beliefs, man haters.
(I'm not here for dating, but if I were!)

@AmiSue probably not, I was remembering a first date I was on once. All she talked about was what scum men were. I was thinking the whole time, then why are you here with me. It was probably the worst date I've ever had.

distance.

spouses might be added.

Probably everything on my profile but I am that I am and it is what it is.

cigarette smoker, excessive drinking, separated (get divorced before going looking for another), trump supporter, repub, AR-15 user or supporter, displaying the confederate flag, non animal lover, climate change denier, those who disparage Democrats or Liberals, fox news watcher, people who fat shame when they are fat!, trophy hunters, someone that doesn't read books, people just looking for sex, and finally anyone who is involved with organized religion.

Indications that they are addicted to a political identity that requires them to accept whatever their leaders declare to be true; no matter how absurd. They are on the fringes of the Right and Left but much more so on the left.

Finding anyone who truly thinks for themselves based on facts, independent study and personal experience over the pap dished out by parties and the press is nearly impossible; but one can hope.

Like the old saying: "Live in hope, die in despair."

In every picture a woman is showing off her breasts or way to much cleavage modest is hottest that's all I'm saying

Drinking, hook up, no pics, misspelling.

OwlRN Level 4 Sep 19, 2018

There are a bunch of specific tactical items that have been listed, closed mind set etc.

What I'd like to add is this: My number one, always-first-every-time screen is high intellect. If a profile is any length at all it is easy to discern. It isn't a simple this-or-that, but is so fundamental to me that it is the foundational requirement.

If the person lacks high intellect, nearly if not every time they will list one or more of the single items. If they do demonstrate the level I am looking for, a single item-gotcha may have a different context.

An articulate and grammatically-correct profile is a joy to find, bonus points for some sly humor! I will also overlook a no-go (having a child at home, "occasional" marijuana use, or lame taste in music, among other things) if they have a strong intellect.

@AmiSue Schooling is a good screen but it is just that.

Spiritual, religious, usually a no at least on this site. People that seem like misogynists, racists or homophobes for sure no.

Also tuned off by sports fans, muscle picks, long term as the only relationship choice.

MsAl Level 8 Sep 18, 2018

Im here just figuring the format out. Hope it’s free. It’s my off day so a little lit. Just clicked on a pretty face. That’s a good line so I should probably cut & paste to every available profile in a a vain attempt to get a reply. Actually that is quite good.

The things that matter tend to find their way back. Experience and memory taught me that.

Welcome to the site! It is entirely free. You can buy a t-shirt if you're interested in supporting the community.

At home, in the evening when alone, I like to wear women's clothes. That would be an instant Nope for most ladies.

I don't find that alarming at all.

Not really, I have no problem with that at all

Other than the fake profiles, I'm gonna go with foodie. I can tolerate quite a bit, but not that.

Smoking. Having/wanting children. Inactivity.

Separated
Hookup/short term
Conservative/Republican
Anything southern..Rebel flag/Southern Proud (u know that's a racist)
"Been clean for almost 2 months"
Gun Lover.. (again, more than likely.. racist or conservative)
Yep.. run away!

Question: Is it a turn off if hookup is listed with all of the other options. Like I just button mashed on that section because I'm open to many possibilities. I could be user-friendly to the right person, but I don't want to advertise that at the expense of something meaningful. What are your thoughts?

@JamesOliver7 well.. my thoughts. I am always looking for something that has the potential for growth and I like to know what I am getting into right from the start. When I view the selection "hookup".. I tend to pass on by. I'm not looking for the type of Tender or POF experience. Totally understand we are just animals, but.. not only am I looking for sex, I am looking for compatibility and a potential friend for more than a night.

@MaryEliz So if hookup is selected along with the other options, it's a no go? I may consider de-selecting it if that is the case. I would hate to miss out on something meaningful if being open to a casual encounter is going to repel people.

@JamesOliver7 ahhhh.. don't change it because of me.. lol.. I'm odd.. and have been divorced for a really long time.. and haven't had any success with dating. So.. maybe I shouldn't pass up the "hookup" selection.

@MaryEliz Don't dismiss yourself so easily. We're all odd. Maybe when you see that, you see a potential bait and switch. Maybe other people see the same thing. It seems reasonable. I doubt I'm missing much by turning it off.

Will be clean tomorrow work?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181820
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.