Agnostic.com

31 9

Secret crushes?

The other day someone asked whether members had secret crushes on other site members. As I recall, a number of people agreed they did. As an observer I'm wondering whether the question made any of you admit your crush to its object? If not, I'm wondering why anyone would, in a relatively anonymous forum, be unwilling to privately contact someone that interests them. I wouldn't expect a public declaration, but what have you got to lose? I would think most people here would at least be polite and thank you even if there are reasons it's going to go no further. Don't most people appreciate being admired? Can you explain what's holding you back??

ladyprof70 7 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

LOL My "crush" is flying 2000 miles to meet me this week.....so.....

@Humanistheathen right? I thought so too! LOL I'm busy conducting studies on the humans in this location....I can't leave or it would screw with the data....drat this research crap.....I don't know why we can't just go back to the good old days an abduct people....

I love this thread. ?

I often come here to read my own comments and masturbate to pics of me...

You guys haven't heard of mirrors????

@PalacinkyPDX Could be "dry retching".

Well, there's quite a few ladies on this site I find attractive, but they live hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. Seems a little pointless to confess undying lust with no hope of fruition.

@maturin1919 Kids. Job. Mortgage. Can't just up sticks and jet like I was 25. Sigh. Adulting sucks.

Aw, come on, I could use a trip to the UK! ?

@Remi and the Pacific Northwest is one area of the States is really like to see. But.. life and stuff.

I have a pretty massive crush on @literatehiker, but she is too far away and way too rational to deal with my crazy ass. ??

@HonkyBMcfunky

You made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the compliment.

I'm "way too rational"? That's debatable. Read my latest, lascivious comment in my post, "Can't stand constantly barking, hyper little dogs."

I had a moment, she said delicately.

Can't stand constantly barking, hyper little dogs

@LiterateHiker I feel you, lady. Poorly trained dogs have owners that I judge harshly. Dogs want to operate in a way that is not a hassle for other people. It's up to the caretaker of the dog to inform and instruct. If they won't, then don't have a dog.

I've seen and have been around well trained dogs. They are a joy. When I walk through a door and have my testicles assaulted by some canine, I don't have a sense of humor. I try to be sociable, but I'm a poor actor. What runs through my head is "People, get your fucking animal under control."

We have a cat. His name is Marcus. He is a little bastard and I adore this animal. He stays in his territory and doesn't threaten my life when I'm roaming. 🙂

Total score:
+1 crazy intolerant of bad dog behavior
+1 durable woman
+1 random silliness with me
-1 for lack of cursing to express frustration

You're still batting pretty high, hiking lady!

LH is pretty crushable 🙂

@Qualia Right?

I'm an incurable romantic. I fall in love several times a week. I am also a lousy keeper of secrets.

I’ve got a crush but it’s definitely not a secret.

Lucky guy.

I would hope that if someone is attracted to me fir whatever reason they would message me first. I don't think declaring it in a public group before agreeing is appropriate. Now after all is said is done and weather its friendship or more we would decide.

As I mentioned in the opening, I would think a private conversation much more appropriate, but that's me.

Uhm, secrets? What are those? ? I've let people know I think they're attractive. Unfortunately thus far geographically challenged to see if there's chemistry IRL. It might be that they've likely no idea just how attractive I think they are.

I do, but she's only hear for community, so I try to respect her autonomy...

I wouldn't hold back. Life is too short.

There was another member of the site, a while back. We discussed our mutual
interest, and if we had been in the same zip code, things probably would have happened. But we weren't, so it didn't.
C'est la vie.

I did, but once I started communicating with them, no. It went away.

I'll bet he is really disappointed. Did you tell him or ghost him? Isn't that the term?

Several men have piqued my curiosity but I’m not the kind of lady to make the first move... wish I could.

i so have a hard crush for someone

Distance I think, not sure if it's anything else but won't ever find out 🙂

I can't say a crush, but I believe I would enjoy meeting a few people in person.

I do, but she is only here for community and isn't accepting PMs.

I have a few crushes. Some seem very unlikely to become more.
One keeps my interest ? and could be a real possibility.

But ..it can be difficult to really put yourself out there, especially if you haven't met. I guess you just have to be open to anything. ?

I'm new so I'm getting crushes daily and every time I see someone I'd like they're like a couple of hundred miles away so...I'm just quietly smiling and liking and following for now.

Im open to all offers

@maturin1919 Nearly all

There are definitely folks on here that pique my interest, but a crush I would not call it.

Not really crushes because I don't know enough about anyone yet but ones on here I would like to meet are aware of it. If it happens it happens, if not that's ok too. I really enjoy the conversation here. And I've canceled my other dating site membership because there was nobody I found very interesting. Was going to thrifting with one member on Zoosk but it never happened. Most of the Zoosk members were turned off by my atheistim or politics OR thought they could change me. Not interested.

Apart from your tobacco habit and residence I would not at this point want to change anything.

@FrayedBear Thanks Babe, I don't think the smoking is going away despite numerous attempts - I get it! I don't like it either but rather be honest! 🙂

@Dandewine it is now nearly 18 years since I smoked after indulging from the age of 14! I was able to give up because it was affecting my health so badly and I had a very good "give up buddy" who was raised in one of those horrible religions that has actively sought prohibition of smoking for a long time - 7th day Adventist? That is why I no longer like smoking. I take
it "babe" is your local vernacular for "ok you are not a sonofabitch" and I will respond cautiously?" ?

I wouldn't say a crush, but I've seen quite a few men and women that I would love to have a drink or two with and have a good time talking.

Seems right to me.

I’m new to the site, but I’m sure I’ll come across with a crush on someone eventually. And I would probably tell them at some point and shut I have the crush; be it physical, spiritual or intellectual crush. If it’s a combination of all three I’m doomed ???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186195
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.