Agnostic.com

36 13

Do you have wanderlust?

If I won the lotto, I'd definitely spend at least a year traveling and seeing things. Sometimes, I go on virtual vacations that start from my PC and continue in my daydreams.

Watching people talk about other countries on Youtube is another thing I do sometimes. My dad spends hours watching clips about Sweden- while I like Japan.

What can I say, I like to dream! You?

silvereyes 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Totally. It feels so emotionally claustrophobic to just slave along day after day. I have to get out there.

I'd probably buy my own island. I'd invite a few dozen people to live their and start a nudist colony.

Horn of Africa something attracts me there....China...Antartica...hey if I win the lotto the whole world, why not?

"Wanderlust" wandering over the surface of the earth. Years ago you could only wander in your dreams using what the library provided about countries. Now it is available on the Internet. So fast, so interesting. Even on TV, if you choose the right channels, you can find so much to fire your longings and dreams, that it might hurt. But being interested in the world doesn't mean that you have to travel. If you have just a small wallet, you can travel the virtual world. You can even see more than you can when you travel. Buy, I know, it is the feeling and the experience that probably will be the most interesting.

Gert Level 7 Jan 27, 2018

Very much so, and I've tried to travel as much as possible, but never had the money to do it as I would really like. Must say though, travel itself has become a grind in this age of terrorism. It was never glamorous except for those traveling first class all the way, but I look back to the 90s when I travelled a lot and compared to now it was a relative pleasure. Airports now are just awful, with check after check, scan after scan, random checks to see if you've got bomb chemicals on your clothes, and hold ups and delays and security this and security that. Jeeesus! You can't take this with you and you can't take that. My desire to travel hasn't subsided, but my capacity to endure the processing of modern travel certainly has. These rag-head low life two bit terrorist creeps have got us living in fear and terror that not even fascists, nazis and communists ever achieved. If I could go back in time I would find some way to travel more in the 80s and 90s before the Age of Fear.

I'm able to travel, but I'm also pretty content where I am for now.
So lately, I'm just feeling lust without the wander part ...

I would like to go back to the Mayan sites.

I'd love to go to Japan in spite of the language barrier. I really want to visit the Kodocan.

Well I have wanted to climb Everest. I just do not have 100k laying around for the serpas and the supplies, could have done it in my early 30`s physically would need to train theses days before such a feat. Do not care to be that cold either. If I could would do it just because, like all the other insane things in my past.

Sweden is full of trees. They ruin the view!

Never been to Japan, but would be in the top ten of a lottery win tour.

But the Stockholm Archipelago with 10,000 islands, beautiful!

wirtual wanderlust....sounds fun. could we rent a wirtual bus and tour together. internet tourism....hmmmm..

thats a whole nuther side of "cyber excursions" . travel from the comforts of your own living room. with our wirtual kit locale, shipped to your doorstep.

this really an endless exercise in the kind if absurdity that could work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.