Agnostic.com

51 4

What’s a petty reason you won’t date a man/woman?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

51 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Obviously there are deal breakers like being right wing or racist or having an unhealthy interest such as sexual activities with small furry animals 😉
but petty? Make up. Sounds silly now I say it but in my mind if I meet a woman wearing a lot of make up I just assume that we won't have much in common. My bad, probably, as I never get to find out.
Or if someone shows interest in celebrities, same again. Or they talk about soap operas.
Oh no! So be just realised I'm the king of petty judgments and destined to live the rest of my life alone 🙂

Or melodeon players for bell tinkling hairy behatted dancers? 🙂

I should be so lucky 🙂

They get a restraining order against me.

That's petty? Go straight to jail and do not pick up $200!

@FrayedBear again?

@Rudy1962 ROFL oh, and tell the judge/magistrate that you are not responsible for others ignorance in not knowing the difference between assertion and aggression.

@FrayedBear thanks. Good advice

Petty: I prefer not to date women with dogs. Cats are ok. And no, I was never bitten by a dog, and I HAVE dated women with dogs. I guess I just don't like the smell, mess, inconvenience of the dog... it's not worth the advantages to me. That said, a child is ok. Go figure! 😉

I have a thing for the sound of a woman's voice. It can be a serious pro or con.

Think of the show Fran. That woman was beautiful, but the voice would send you up the wall!

For me it would be smoking (I don't like kissing girls that smell like ashtrays), strong religious views or faith in superstition. I've tried it and it just got incredibly annoying to be put-down by illogical faith arguments.

I asked but these aren't actually petty. Id call them serious deal breakers, like fundamental kind

Petty? A higher voice than mine/a bad laugh (went to a movie with a 6'6" guy, wanted to crawl under the seats when he'd laugh: he sounded like an 8 year old girl. Any attraction disappeared instantly.
Most of the ones people are posting, to me, don't seem petty at all... or maybe I'm just that petty??

I agree with you. Almost all of them are not at all petty to me. They are important preferences. Smoking or not smoking. That is not petty. That is major. Petty to me is stuff that we know is SILLY and "shouldn't" matter, but it does.

Interesting. An acquaintance has a partner who sounds like a 3 year old.....few blokes would care - she's a drop dead gorgeous blond and has the body of a teenage gymnast even though she's nearly 30!

Smoking, religion

Smoking

That's not petty, it's just realistic. I'm just not tolerant to the smell and taste. I don't choose to be repelled by it, I just am. No reasoning your way out of that.

I don't think smoking is a petty reason. There are real dangers associated with second hand smoke in addition to the inconvenient ones.

Not petty at all. First, it says volumes about their health choices. Second, I've seen too many die of awful smoking-related diseases, to want to invest emotion in someone who is likely to be there themselves one day ...

Mainstream tastes.

I don't get on with sheeple as they are just clones in there mind. they just let what other people do govern what they should religious or not. most of the people I know who say they believe in God don't do anything about it apart from saying it. I'm all in or all out. men who say there misses won't let them or the other way around. I guess at my age I have close to zero chance of living with another human. there are so many things that put me off of people really there is. dogs never piss me off really. I've had so many people tell me there friends or mates yet their actions never are what their words say.

High fiving in public

Hahaha

Wouldn't really say this is PETTY petty, but I couldn't go out with someone super left- or right-wing. They're too strongly opinionated with certain things and don't listen to reason.

They don't give me their name. That's a pretty good one, I think.

Um, not to be mean, but that sounds like them not dating you, bro...

You know, I finally put my foot down and decided I won't get with Britney Spears, ever; she was being too aloof and never calling me and such.

Would annoy my wife.

I won't date a woman because she doesn't have a penis. I know that makes me sexist and shallow, but it is what it is.

Call me confused. I don't think it is sexist and shallow to follow your sexual preferences.

@BlueWave I was being facetious. My sarcasm got away from me.

@Dida I made a joke that, obviously, was only funny to me.

@KKGator Now I'm chuckling. 🙂

Too religious or conservative, those could be definitely deal breakers

Ugh religions can be a major turn off.

If they don't like Tom Petty!

I have MANY.
If they dress like a low class person with slovenly grooming habits.
If they golf or hunt.
If they make a crude sexual remark to me, or about another woman in my presence.
If they own a large dog that they allow the run of the house.
If they own cats.
If they eat junk food, or think of food as the highlight/goal of any event.
If they are flabby or lazy.
If they don't read very much.
If they have never traveled and don't want to.
If they have no curiosity.
If they are (most) ethnicities, because their attraction is often because I'm white.
If they are poor and/or homeless, such as living with their mothers or friends.
If they are Conservative and/or religious, unless they aren't serious about it.

I so loved this ,you need to frame it !

They don't have a job
They are aspiring "whatever" type
They are Republican
They chew too loud
They are obese or too skinny
All the hygiene stuff
They don't read

Someone who's stupid

The pettiest I've been? I stopped chatting to a guy on a dating site because he couldn't phone me until he'd been paid and could top up the credit on his phone. I'm no gold digger, but I expect a partner to pay their way. If they can't afford £10 for mobile credit, then it seems quite likely that I'd end up paying for everything on a holiday or a night out.

I won't date a woman that smokes.

...because I married.

🙂

Not sure what you define as petty vs. what I define as petty when it comes to dating. But the fact that they was born a male would throw me.

Bad manners - around me, or others.

I do not date smokers. I am not anti smoking, but hate the taste in their mouth, and the lingering smell in the car, house, and on my clothes. Could be that my ex wife was a smoker too. This pettiness has cost me a chance to start something meaningful more than once

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.