Agnostic.com

34 4

Have you ever burned a bible?

I’ve burnt one before and I’ve also torn the pages out completely when I was about 16, after getting frustrated one night when I got to thinking about the kind of power and control it has over people. How you see your loved ones has being duped and all the destruction it has caused for mankind and keeping people living in fear with its disgusting teachings of eternal damnation. A gross device for manipulation.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. I'm against burning books. Even that one.

what waste a good match lol

I have a love for books, so to burn one is a sacrilege in and of itself. This is of course my opinion. To each their own. I don't judge. I see a bible or any other religious text as a work of fiction designed to manipulate.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

I always keep the oven temperature low enough that Roast Bible a la Antoinette doesn't burn the edges, but leaves them a crispy golden brown.

Can't remember burning one have thrown them in the trash though.

@Stevil I have a nice wood stove try to burn wood to save on the propane use. If I by slim chance come into possession of a misleading fabrication of such, I will see if it lights up fast.

No.. but the moderator of a Humanist group I used to belong to would desecrate something religious every once in a while, just to show it was just stuff, not special.

Never thought of that, before! We never want to get 'stuck' on anything!

IMHO if you are spending precious moments of your life mutilating a babble, you are giving it more power, way away more power, than it ever had............

No. I have no need to. The book simply means nothing to me.

Never burnt the whole book but have rolled a Doobie with pages...

The pages make lousy rolling papers though.

After moving here in the Bible Belt, I was shocked at the blind acceptance of the Bible as history and as science. This was totally new to me - I had never seen it before. At first I thought I was being mocked, then I thought I was being insulted, then I finally realized they were fooking serious! Still makes my jaw drop when I hear it. It is so ingrained that recently I had an avowed atheist trying to convince me the Bible is accurate history.

Feels like that here in areas around Houston.

@NothinnXpreVails, an old Texan told me he'd been out of Texas twice. Austin both times.

Be glad you weren't brought up on it's contents and then... have to claw your way out...

Lol, yeah, Austin’s a cool town, although the culture is suffering from immigrants @Dick_Martin

@Dick_Martin wait, immigration from other states

@NothinnXpreVails, lol. oh! OK. I thought you meant from the rest of Texas. ;'😉

Nah, I was worried it sounded like I was complaining about immigration to the US @Dick_Martin

A friend of mine chewed one up with a weed eater.

No - I wouldn't want to. Horses for Courses as they say. Besides it would contribute in an infinitesimal way to global warming.

No but ive often contemplated rolling a joint with the thin, gold lined paper often found in bibles

No, I wouldn't burn anybody's holy book, it's wrong. I used to belong to a church, and one of the members told me to burn my stepdaughter's copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I told him no, and then told the pastor about it and all he did was tell the member that it was the pastor's responsibility to say what is acceptable and what isn't. I don't burn books, any books no matter what my personal opinion of that book is,

I would feel strange burning any book, too...seeing that I have been a heavy duty book loving person for 48yr! But I never write anything in stone...

Burning books is very bad for the environment. They should be pulped and recycled.

No, but I got piss drunk one night and pissed on one.

Lmfao!

...you can truely be surprised at what turns up on this site...even as you think you have heard evrrything!

No, it's just a work of fiction.

no I did not burn the Bible because I did not want to cause air pollution and injured more people.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

Hahaha good one!

You've got to have one to do it, but it is probably the only way to make one useful.

Not allowed to burn rubbish in our suburb.

I don't think I've burned any books at all, unless they were/had fallen apart, never looked to see if one of those was a bibble. Just don't burn books, doesn't matter what they are. I wouldn't hesitate if I needed a ready fire though.

Not yet...

No I have never burned one, But, having a " push religion down my throat mother " on starting a new career, 200 miles from home, away from my pushy mother, I found a bible in my luggage, I thought, will I never escape from this coercion ? So I finally broke the ties of my mothers devotion to a non existent god by throwing the bible into the rubbish bin.

No but I threw one in trash.

Yes, people put them in my Little Free Library...I burn them and any other religious books.

Bloody dyslexia, I read that as, "Have you ever burned a baby?" But no, I have never burned a bible, or a baby, or a bra for that matter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.