Agnostic.com

34 4

Have you ever burned a bible?

I’ve burnt one before and I’ve also torn the pages out completely when I was about 16, after getting frustrated one night when I got to thinking about the kind of power and control it has over people. How you see your loved ones has being duped and all the destruction it has caused for mankind and keeping people living in fear with its disgusting teachings of eternal damnation. A gross device for manipulation.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No.

I always keep the oven temperature low enough that Roast Bible a la Antoinette doesn't burn the edges, but leaves them a crispy golden brown.

Can't remember burning one have thrown them in the trash though.

@Stevil I have a nice wood stove try to burn wood to save on the propane use. If I by slim chance come into possession of a misleading fabrication of such, I will see if it lights up fast.

no I did not burn the Bible because I did not want to cause air pollution and injured more people.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

Hahaha good one!

No. I'm against burning books. Even that one.

I have a love for books, so to burn one is a sacrilege in and of itself. This is of course my opinion. To each their own. I don't judge. I see a bible or any other religious text as a work of fiction designed to manipulate.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

You've got to have one to do it, but it is probably the only way to make one useful.

No.. but the moderator of a Humanist group I used to belong to would desecrate something religious every once in a while, just to show it was just stuff, not special.

Never thought of that, before! We never want to get 'stuck' on anything!

what waste a good match lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.