Agnostic.com

57 3

What is a childhood movie that still haunts you until this day as an adult?

I had to take the time to really think about this one. I think I would say the Body Snatchers 90s version lol. I don’t think I could sleep for a week after watching it without someone watching me. Still kinda creepy today hehe!

EmeraldJewel 7 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Rerun Of:
Psycho - 1960 Movie

Source:

Gotta love 70s parenting! My parents let me watch the first episode of a made-for-TV special on the Manson murders when I was about 7. Needless, to say, the thought that a crazed bunch of lunatics REALLY murdered innocent people in their homes at night made it a tad difficult for me to sleep (also degraded my views on human nature... perhaps permanently?!). My mom was pissed I kept her up that night, so she wisely decided I could not watch any more of them... which means that I did not know that they had been caught and I was safe from the Manson family! Needless to say, it was a rough couple weeks before my sister finally told me they were all in jail!

Helter Skelter.?

I read the book when I was still fairly young.

@BufftonBeotch Yep! That's what it was called!

I love Horror movies! I would say the film specifically "Talking Tina" from Twilight Zone an the one with the talking dummy. Still love them all.

Still love them an they still creep me out. Lol

The movie Gremlins would fit the bill for the question above. I think I finally got over it in my late 20s.

Anything with shipwrecks or dead cats. NOPE

No movie, childhood or whatever, 'haunts' me to this day.
I suppose it's because I'm fairly rationally minded and see movies for what they are, just entertainment.
Having said that, I must add that the documentaries I have watched re- the Extinction Level Events that this planet has experienced in the past billions of years do make me stop and think, especially since live on a relatively tiny lump of rock hurtling around a massive Thermonuclear Fusion Generator with 8 other planets and between Mars and Jupiter there is a massive belt of Asteroids where any sudden 'side-swipe' between 2 or more of them can send an object ranging from the size of a small car to the size of Mount Everest directly towards us on a collision course, just how very tenuous our existence truly is.
We are more concerned with fight and waring over our own very petty differences than we are about the very possible chance that one day that 'side-swipe' will occur and there is little or nothing we have done that can prevent the ultimate impact and extinction of most forms of life on this planet.

The first movie that made me sad was Ole Yeller. I was mortified when Yeller was bitten by the snake and had to be shot.

The Hills have Eyes ...saw it when I was 11..

Bambi.

Night of the Living Dead.

I don't like, or watch, horror movies in general. Okay, I fucking hate them,
and find them a monumental waste of time. There is nothing about them that
I find remotely interesting or of any value.

But that's the one that ruined me for life.

Race with the Devil, The Hills Have Eyes

I'll give the G rated answer.

Goonies. The old lady scared the heck out of me as a kid, and she's still unnerving even now.

Keita Level 5 Oct 23, 2018

Pet Semetary, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers from the 70's.

The Nanny with Bette Davis.

I'm not sure "haunt" is the right word, but Return to Oz was incredibly dark. It was disturbing when as a child I saw it, though I now appreciate just how twisted it was — but it's still a little creepy.

Nearly all of the Oz stories are very deeply disturbing and not sunshine like the most popular movie.

NIght of the Living Dead. Really.

the manchurian candidate.

g

Hitchcock The Birds... every time I see too many crows together it creeps me out... on playground equipment...my never superstitious self... will back slowly away, lol

The death scene in Bambi

Easy - Jaws

Return to oz, childs play. Oliver twist, feiffel goes west, the old snow white (cartoon)the wizard of oz, i think it was the second ghosbusters movie that had the river of slime and the dude in the painting that came to life!!! Oh and the legend of sleepy hollow cartoon!!!! The headless horseman!!! Wheww!!! Biggest one right there!

Para Level 3 Nov 2, 2018

There was also an episode of the Twilight Zone that foggy days bring to mind. The square mile or so that a family lived on had been moved to another planet. The man was driving to work and approached more and more fog. Then he came to the end of his transplanted neighborhood and there was an alien directing him to go back. I need a Twilight Zone expert to tell me which one it was.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I never saw the new version because I was still too creeped out by the original.

When The Wind Blows. We watched it in school in 3rd or 4th grade.

I still start crying just thinking about it.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The scene with the bodies in the wagon. I was 7 when I saw it. Was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:206577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.