Agnostic.com

69 14

If you could make a rule that everyone had to follow, what would it be?

That all practices of religion shall be confined to their edifice of worship or private living quarters. Religion shall not mix with politics nor be used to judge, discriminate, or enforce hatred against another.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

69 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Claims of the supernatural, paranormal, and divine cannot be made without irrefutable proof.

JimG Level 8 Oct 31, 2018

1 rule - Don’t be a dick!

One must not harm innocent animals or children..

Be reasonably intelligent.

Total honesty in everything. All can be worked out from there even to agree to disagree. At least there's connection and a chance to compromise.

FIrst I thought everyone had to spend time away from their home to get a different POV.

Then I though everyone should have to read a counter argument to every argument they supported.

After some thought, I think the only thing that could really open people's minds and have a chance to bring us together is being honest with themselves and each other.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau

@jondspen Henry had a good handle on the way it should be.

Do no harm!

Treat others as you would have them treat you.

Thou shalt bow before me!

Keep your face out of your phone while driving. I know it a law but. And another. Don’t keep undersized fish and obey the bag limits. One more if you please. Treat everyone the way you wish to be treated. That about does it.

Do no harm.

SAARY Level 1 Nov 1, 2018

Everyone must give me 25% of all their money.

Jnei Level 8 Oct 31, 2018

Be good to one another.

If your meeting could have been an email or does not have an agenda and goal you are subject to the death penalty.

There's only three rules. Don't hurt anyone, don't break anything, and have a good time.

Get Real!

Thou shalt not make rules for other people to follow.

With an exception for laws of the land. Without law we would have a very messy anarchy.

@Morganfreeman I respectfully disagree. I prefer civilization.

@Morganfreeman Not only wrong, also inane.

Spend time with your kids. Talk play whatever. Just be there. Every f!@#*&g day.

Pay me.

The first rule of Fight club is you do not talk about fight club. 🙂

Trophy hunting will not be tolerated.

Joking... See below for my real Platinum Rule comment.

The key to success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made.
-- Jean Giraudoux

No whistling in the office.

Claim to be superstitious and tell of the dire consequences of whistling lol

The Golden Rule says, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Happy Birthday! I hope you treated yourself to something nice...

@SleeplessInTexas Thanks, I had a couple barley pops, aka beer, with a friend.

I prefer the Platinum Rule: Treat others the way they want to be treated rather than making them live with my preferences.

Excellent question! Jokingly, I would say, you must be competent to run for the Presidency! Seriously, religious figures can not be hypocritical!

Critical thinking should be taught to EVERY ONE!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:212328
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.