Agnostic.com

32 6

Who Were You In High School?

I was a loner who got along with everyone. I liked everyone so much that I never wanted to sit with any group of people and seem bias. Strange, but true. In essence, I was popular for my choice. If that makes any sense. I miss my high school years and everyone I went to school with.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nerd, smart-arse, chatterbox, smoker, metal head, scrawny as hell and looked 15 at the age of 18. Not good with the ladies, except as mates. Didn't really hit my stride till uni.

You are a lot younger than me, its different in British schools. I think uniforms help (although I bloody hated mine at school).

@Amisja not that different - I've taught in both, and they're pretty similar. We had uniforms, but they were much more likely to involve shorts, which set off my pipe-cleaner legs just beautifully.

@MrBeelzeebubbles sound lurvely. My school uniform is unchanged to this day. Its at least 100 years old. (As in the design). I have only taught in HE where students are generally pretty sorted (not all). Don't forget, up until recently you could leave school at 16 here. In US it was 18. I was 15 when I took my O levels (yep I'm that old). There were still tons of jobs where you could work from 16, marry at 16. Both my cousins joined the armed forces at 15. British teens tend to be more cynical and give up on childhood much sooner. I did do As after school but lots of my friends didn't.

@Amisja I'd say about a third of my year left at 16, and that was low because they'd just bought in a bunch of 'vocational' courses you could do up to 18. Used to be roughly 50% of kids left at 16 for work/apprenticeships etc. One of my mates did a combined project for senior woodwork and automotive mechanics - he made a freakin' jet boat!

@MrBeelzeebubbles Cool. The thickest lad in my year married his bosses' daughter and is now a millionaire!

Someone who no longer exists.
High school is over and is no longer relevant.
Hasn't been for decades. It's also why I will never attend a hs reunion.
I have no desire to see any of those people ever again.
They mean nothing to me.

Ditto

I was Jayne. I still am.

Lmao i feel it

Excellent student (accelerated classes), and first chair flute player in band, orchestra and marching band.

In junior high, I was cruelly bullied for being too smart and skinny. Tough older girls threatened to beat me up. Terrified, I walked two miles to a different bus stop. Each day as I entered science class, boys loudly sang, "She's a carpenter's dream, flat as a board!" - emotionally scarring me for life.

Suddenly I became popular at age 15, when I entered high school and developed a little figure. I refused to join cliques. Instead I was friendly with everyone. An extrovert, I can chat with anyone and love making people laugh.

In senior year, classmates voted me "best manners," "most poised" and "best dressed." I sewed all of my clothes, including this prom dress at 15.

Had the same boyfriend from age 16 to 21.

Our 10-year high school reunion in Michigan was great. Big-breasted former cheerleaders were fat and divorced. In contrast, I was fit and happy.

"You were the prettiest girl in high school," guys moaned, hanging all over me. "Why didn't you ever date any of us?"

"I had an older, more mature boyfriend," I replied and smiled. SLAM DUNK.

omg--I am going to find my prom dress...you are going to die laughing...it looks like yours! ha ha ha with the same hairstyle even! ha ha ha

You haven't changed at all.

I was somewhat of a loner, but had a few friends. I always did well in classes, but didn't take learning seriously. I was the top gymnast on the rings in my high school and had more female admirers than I realized, which I only found out much later. I started my first business while in high school, which was a tutoring agency that tutored kids at night in mathematics and reading. I also worked on the weekends and on holidays at an electronics company. I was dating a girl from another school, someone I married after high school, so I wasn't that interested in the girls in my high school. The photo is of me a couple of years after high school.

I started HS(9th grade) at age 12, so I was kind of an outsider...the little kid...everyone was nice to me but I really couldn't do a lot of the HS things until I turned 16. I mainly was just one of the smart kids who spent a lot of time reading and hanging out with those like me...bookworms and awkward girls...

Prissy honours classes elite member. Academically competitive as hell. Science geek. Well liked and known among smart geeky nerds. Bullied by popular mean girls and dumb jocks. And no, I don’t wish to repeat high school again (which for me was grades 8-12). Never attended a reunion ever.

A proud member of the Math Team. Who knew math was a competitive sports? 🙂

But I hung out mostly with left-wing stoners, not with my fellow nerds. Hated high school, and most of my class mates, with the exception of the aforementioned cliques. My misanthrope flags were flying high even back then, clashing frequently with my extroverted nature.

Figures that I would later on my life settle comfortably in narcissism. 🙂

I hung around the crowd that loved to listen to music and played instruments. I loved my high school days and developed a few friendships with some cool people.

Good question!

@Anniemae I wasn't even close to becoming class president. I hung out with the stoners! lol

Shy,academic ..who reached my final year ...and blossomed into the alternative , non -conforming rebel that I currently am.Thank god ..on second thoughts .,he has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I embrace ..but the terminology is preferable to resorting to expletives...Or is it ??

I was pretty nerdy and short until my senior year. By that time Inhad achieved my full height (which helps in the socialization circles) I was so introverted prior to that that it took 3 hours to get up the courage to ask a gal to the prom. Sad. (But I evolved from there!)

In Senior I was the leader of the “anti-clique clique”. Sound like an oxymoron, doesn’t it! Ha!

"Univac" (an early type of computer mentioned in Weekly Reader)....not really a compliment at all.....

I was a singer an athlete a farm boy a closeted sage and an extremely anxious boy.

Nerd. Under achiever.

I was a loner. I am told that I was seen as mystrious because I was so quiet most of hte time. I too had nto one group I hung out with, but I wasn't social enough to be viewed as popular at any time in my life.

I was nobody

Me neither 😉

Honors student (STEM and writing), band geek, visual arts. I marched to my own drum and was surrounded by fellow band kids and artists who relished being odd. I had good times, but have zero desire to revisit it. No reunions, thank you.

Zster Level 8 Nov 7, 2018

I was a nerdy jock. I was a top athlete but my friends a social circle tended to be nerds and stoner's.....

I guess a burnout? Idk i never really payed enough attention to other ppl and their cliques i didnt even realize how big a thing it was to some people until later in life.

High School wasnt to long ago for me, and I have grown a ton. But I was a bfg or a big friendly giant. I was quiet never went to dances. The only thing extra I did was play football. I had a small group of friends but it seemed most people knew me and were friendly.

I was a loner for the most part. My parents were rather poor and cared more about their drinking habit than what I was doing and it resulted in me having low self esteem, which I grew out of while in the military. I hung out with other people who also had broken homes. We joked and laughed all the time. I guess it was our way of escaping reality. We all survived and became productive members of society.

I was a quiet one who could draw really well, or so I was told. I only had a few close friends, but got along with everyone if they gave me the chance. I could have done really well but I was never pushed to succeed, so I was just average. I didn't party and didn't have sex, but I had a lot of laughs with friends. I miss them most of all.

I guess I was a 'closet nerd'!

I wasn't a nerd, but I did play 1st string trumpet (band geek) in our military marching band, sang Alto in choir, was a member of SADD, teacher's pet, worked the school front office as a student assistant, did volunteer work with the local city K9 unit, was recognised by our city mayor for some of my work... I did not go to my high school prom, but I did go to the after-hours party that night.

I was a bit outside the norm. Did the choir, band, and orchestra thing and as I had built (woodworking) and collected a killer stereo professional sound system I acted as a (DJ) for HS dances in two different High Schools and private houses did a lot of photography back then; Mostly 35mm but often I used my large format 4x5 camera and darkroom to print group posters and senior portraits etc. I completely (not interested?) missed out on the High School Sex, alcohol and drug scene that was very much a part of a large part of my High School body. Funny actually, not the kid who died during a dance of a drug OD but often during the walk to school I would pass an old house across the street from the high school with a half dozen teen-agers smoking dope. Things have changed.

Can't say I really miss my high school days as I have learned much about how the world works after leaving those doors.

I didn't really go to high school. I went the first part of 10th grade and then got married.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:217725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.