Agnostic.com

26 6

Anyone else here enjoy drinking?

I like to drink, hangout in bars, get pretty loaded. Does anyone else like that? There must be some because I see them around bars, but anyone in here admit that?

drussett 4 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am no stranger to a heavy duty drink session. Always managed to hold a career down but I have watched many take the fall. Yes , I am 68 and when my brother is free for some foosball , we can tie on a good one. But at this age I doubt it will happen again, I just cannot tolerate that feeling anymore.
I like pot

EMC2 Level 8 Nov 8, 2018

I’ll hang out in the pool or spa with a glass of wine. A cocktail or glass of wine with dinner is nice but that’s about it.

Alcohol dehydrates me and gives me a headache. I avoid it. Bars are not my milieu. It is boring to be around drunk or stoned people.

When I was 19, the Michigan drinking age dropped from 21 to 18. On the day that law went into effect, dorms at the University of Michigan had parties. Egged on by roomates, I drank 2 or 3 glasses of sweet, screw-top wine. The room was spinning. Feeling sick, I went to bed.

The next day was Sunday. University officials apparently believed our parents would magically appear and take us out to dinner. On Sunday, dorms had one meal at noon.

Hungover, I dragged myself downstairs for the noon meal. My head hurt... even the light hurt my eyes. Got my tray and sat down. Mashed potatoes looked so soft and fluffy, I laid my cheek on them and fell asleep.

Jerked awake with a circle of students loudly laughing and pointing. The humiliation, coupled with the hangover, convinced me never to get drunk again.

Never again.

Very understandable. I seldom drink now. I was never a heavy drinker. Been drunk twice. No hangover. No headache. Remember every thing.

I can’t decide if that is good or bad.

I hate the taste of beer. Every now and again I will try a beer when hanging out with a friend, but my taste for it doesn't change. I've heard some people say, "Oh, if you just keep drinking it, then you'll start liking it." My response is always, "Why would I want to do that? Why drink something I don't like? It's like saying 'Oh, if you keep punching yourself in the face, then sooner or later you won't feel it anymore.'"

No disrespect to people who liking drinking beer or hard liquor on a routine basis; to each his/her own, but it's just not for me. Drink responsibly.

@joemf86

. "I never grew up enough to like beer," I tell people.

nope. even before i knew i was diabetic i didn't like drinking so much. i do admit i like the taste of kahlua cream, but that's because it barely tastes like alcohol. for a high i prefer weed.

g

I'll have a drink or 5 at a bar with my friends once or twice a month. But, I much prefer getting a good drunk on at home.

I like good beers, but I don't like to get drunk and find it difficult to tolerate people who drink until they get obnoxious and/ or stupid. For that reason the bars near me are not enjoyable.

JimG Level 8 Nov 8, 2018

I do not like to drink beer or wine, or go to bars ,and before I was married I would not go out with someone who did drink on a regular basis unless it was an occasional cocktail which I do enjoy in a restaurant party etc.

I enjoy an occasional drink either hard liquor or beer. I’m not much of a wine drinker.

Only in moderation. Cannot abide drunks and so many of them are nasty drunks. There should be a pill that one can give to people who are nasty drunks that makes them so ill that they never touch the stuff again.

I drink on very rare occasions, however I do my best to stay away from drunks.

Yes very much so

I get my wine on at home!

I think this sums it up for me,...

I used to drink. I used to self-medicate. I have clinical anxiety. Drinking helped me get past that. It was great for meeting women. Alcohol removes anxiety. Completely. It's a wonder-drug for people with social issues!

I don't drink any more.

Heck yeah, I did it all while I could.... used to enjoy live music while having a drink ( or the other way around )... however nothing last forever. Kidneys aren't happy anymore.... my drinking days are over.... yeah, it sucks lemons and I am convinced life takes infinite pleasure on taking all the things we like away slowly little by little as we keep growing old. If I get drunk now then I know there will be a hefty price to pay for the next couple of days as a minimum. Why do I know that? I still try to push my luck every other month but keeps getting harder every time. Perhaps it is time to try something else.... any suggestions?

Beer is my usual but I don't like getting hammered.

Yeah, I admit it. I've always had one bar that I use as my base, where most of the people there that are regulars know me and vice versa. I do like my wine, which is what I primarily drink, but I can be persuaded to imbibe a nice chilly IPA or some vodka with juice in it, and I do like my Bombay Sapphire martinis (dry, straight up, no olives, with a twist). I do NOT however deliberately try to drink myself into drunkeness, though I will admit to getting tipsy now and then. 🤓 Cheers, @drussett!

Only beer, I admit, I can't handle hard liquor!

I drink socially. I prefer a high quality ale that I can drink and enjoy slowly. A good red wine with a good meal. Sometimes a good whiskey or a shot of vodka.

Since one of my hobbies is playing pool (pocket billiards), while playing, which is usually at a pool hall, not a bar, I'll have a couple of beers. When home, I occasionally enjoy a little single malt scotch. I don't like getting drunk, so I limit my consumption accordingly.

As I write this I am nursing a very slight hangover from last night's drinkies.

Yep yep and yep

I never drink. Some in my family, however, liked.

I rarely drink, don't visit bars, and almost never get loaded. However, my dad, brother and grandfather were heavy drinkers.

Wine and a book in the park are perfect every time. I also enjoy sake; every time i get nervous it makes me mellow somehow. I'm a happy drunk and don't go overboard so most of my experiences are 100% pleasant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:218577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.