Agnostic.com

55 10

What do you know that most others don’t?

Redcupcoffee 7 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That I'm not going to answer this post! Oh...dangit....πŸ™‚

I talk to myself (in my head) 24/7.

Bird is the word...

Are you from WV ?

@Douglas PA

@JoeMastle I used to live within walking distance from PA . Our well known & late Senator Byrd was known for liking that song . That was why I had asked .

I know more than average a lot about animals and nature.

what it was in that blue tub in the back of my refrigerator

We all know something that others do not know. This is what makes us unique. A lot of what you know depends on your age along with what you are willing to study and learn about. I for example, remember TV and telephones in there infancy. Everything changes.

We have actually been to the Moon. A friend of mine had a photo sent to him by a former cosmonaut. The photo was from one of the orbiting Russian probes sent to the Moon. It shows the landing site of an Apollo mission, with tire tracks of a lunar buggy.

I know how anyone in the US can get a free house.

Boy, this is knowledge I'd like to see shared!
Edit: I googled it. Not a simple or quick process. But certainly possible.

@Taijiguy funny thing. I did share it here and was roundly critisized for telling folks what I was I actually doing, not proposing, not fantasizing about, not theorizing about. DOING. They thought I had ulterior motives even after I told them how to completely cut me out of the picture. Because you know, you can't get something for nothing. Hell, I even posted pictures.

@Taijiguy I hope you didn't Google house moving. Picking up a house in one piece and moving it a mile away is a terrible idea. That's not what I do.

@Anonbene no, what I saw was adverse possession. If that's not what you do, feel free to pm me about it, I'd be interested.

@Taijiguy if that's what I think it is, no I'm not suggesting that either.

I do to perfectly nice houses that current owners want to be rid of for whatever reason exactly what Ikea does with book cases. I show how, with your labor, how to find aquire panelize pack ship and assemble them wherever someone wants. It takes a few weeks of labor but the outcome is you get a house without mortgage to do with as you please. You owe me nothing, I do not charge for this.

@Anonbene I'm in construction, so I get what you're talking about. I suspect "free" may be a bit optimistic, since it's not likely to be a one man job, so some labor expenses would be involved. And of course transportation of the "panels". And if a person buys a piece of property with the intention to demo the old house, you could probably get them to absorb a portion of moving expense in lieu of the cost of the demo,which wouldn't be cheap with permits and epa requirements. Nice. So you make money doing this? I'd live to know more about how your business us organized.

@Taijiguy
Quit assuming stuff. Just ask.
On the last building I moved the entire thing with a Ford ranger and an 8' lawnmower trailer. It took several trips but at the end of each day I only took the parts and panels we dismantled that day.

You're about to get a house that may be worth on average $200,000 and your worried about buying pizza and beer for your friends or putting gas in your truck or buying a sawzall?

Do you think friends of yours might be interested in getting houses for themselves and would be willing to help you so they could see how it's done?

Instead of trying to negotiate having the owner pay you I strongly suggest you pay him $1 for the salvage right which gives you permission to be on his property vs. incorporating a business hiring guys paying payroll and paying $10,000 as a first payment of several to get useless workman's comp insurance.

Me and my then girlfriend moved our first place and as soon as the roof was on we both quit paying for our rents. We invested that money into things we wanted in the house.

@Anonbene you're assuming too. What makes you think I have any friends? ????

@Taijiguy you'll get lots of friends if you tell them you are giving away houses.

@Anonbene In all seriousness, I would be interested in the process. My assumptions were based on my perception of how it would need to come apart. You must break wall sections down into smaller pieces than I was thinking. I glanced at your pics, you remove the drywall?

I listen. Most people don't really listen.

(1) Polar bears are NOT all left-handed (left-pawed?)
(2) pi to 202 decimal places
(3) The names of all 12 people who walked on the moon
(4) The differences between living as a man and living as a woman (is there a book there?)
(5) Where to buy beer at 1 Euro per pint MMMM
That will do for a start I think.

how to install crown mold . that's it that's all

True love has no libido . I'm sure that's why a lot of people in marriage have difficulties in the bedroom . I don't think dryness & flaccidity should be seen as dysfunctional . When people mature to that point in a relationship , they should try to continue to evolve , rather than regress to younger states of mind & being . It's like having a monkey off your back , or tasting food without salt . ( "Tasting food , without salt ? No way ! Ya gotta have salt ?!? )
I'm not against having a sexual relationship , but if those problems occur , I'm ready to move on . . .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

All I know is that I know nothing.

That we don't really "know" anything; we only have suspicions.

How to die 7x and keep ticking

I am a legend in my own mind.

My willy is really small ......

I don't know. I know a great many things. Others may know and are pretending to not know, you know. These days, at least in my experience, knowledge makes you an outcast. I thirst for knowledge, because I've been taught that knowing is half the battle.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

How to build a gun from a block of steel.

Never feel completely content with your view of the world. We are in an intentionally blacked out aquarium and as you swim you'll always come across new ideas, new ways and possibly an alternate prospective! You will NEVER have learned enough or experienced enough within the time limits of your life to have the absolute correct bigger picture. This is understood from the start and all apart of the mysteries set forth during this incarnation. It's like an insect trying to figure out our lives as it lived for a few weeks within your home. Always search for facts about the universe and the planet from trusted sources. In sure that source offers the best middle of the road global prospective. The more you educate yourself on the basic understandings of universal physics, living nature and the workings of our anatomy the closer you will be to the ideas behind creation. Those are the only books truly written by any creation source. Lucky for us they are all picture books! πŸ˜‰

Ever since man began digging in the sand and building. The world was split into two, the concrete jungle and the natural jungle. Both offer life changing obstacles, adventures & pain. Only one is the original intended foundation for you to grow your mind from. Everything else is additional....

The answer is .., I know nothing.

Sgt. Schultz? Or are you too young?

Kind of but I know that! @kmdskit3

That southeast Alaska is a temperate rain forest. The island of Hoonah has 800 people and 6000 brown bears.

The size of my banana.

godef Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Spoonerisms are hilarious. I give you the bundt cake and the pop tart.

Where we go when we die. πŸ˜‰

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.