Agnostic.com

23 5

Who is your favorite all time musical artist?

Up until now I never thought I had a favorite. Yet reflecting on Micheal Jackson from his start with the Jackson 5 to his very last works, he by far has had more recordings that I loved than any other artist.

Shelton 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Luciano Pavarotti.

Nessun Dorma:

Impossible for me to pick one in any genre let alone overall. Johnny Cash, BB King, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, Paul Simon, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, James Brown, George Clinton, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, and Prince are all sort of equal pillars at the height of influential solo artistry to me. Then a whole different list of bands.

Neil Young, Buddy Guy and John Prine...it's much too difficult to pick eh? All of those you mentioned and more as we think about it...how about some females? Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt and Tina Turner and the list never ends. ?

@Serenityseeker true that, they're playing the wrap it up music already and we're not even to the B sides.

Ella Fitzgerald

I like too many genre of music to pick one or even two in each one.

If I use your ratio it's totally AC/DC. I own more AC/DC than anything else comparatively.

However, the one I have worn out in the most formats is Machine Head by Deep Purple.

Easier to say which one is not.... One particular genre does not click for me, that's it

Freddie mercury

Pink Floyd, by a looooong shot!

Individual: Dan Fogelberg

Group: Beatles

Duke Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

Although, MJ is up there on the list.

One of my all time favorite songs right here:

This my favorite song from Fogelberg. It's not typical of his work but, it's my favorite. The lyrics are phenomenal and the music, with the orchestra, really takes me away:

@Shelton Just in case the lyrics are not clear (which happens frequently) here you go:

High on this mountain
The clouds down below
I'm feeling so strong and alive
From this rocky perch
I'll continue to search
For the wind
And the snow
And the sky
I want a lover
I want some friends
And I want to live in the sun
And I want to do all the things that I
Never have done.
Sunny bright mornings
And pale moonlit nights
Keep me from feeling alone
Now, I'm learning to fly
And this freedom is like
Nothing that I've ever known
I've seen the bottom
And I've been on top
But mostly I've lived in between
And where do you go
When you get to the end of
Your dream?
Off in the nether lands
I heard a sound
Like the beating of heavenly wings
And deep in my brain
I can hear a refrain
Of my soul as she rises and sings
Anthems to glory and
Anthems to love and
Hymns filled with early delight
Like the songs that the darkness
Composes to worship the light.
Once in a vision
I came on some woods
And stood at a fork in the road
My choices were clear
Yet I froze with the fear
Of not knowing which way to go.
One road was simple
Acceptance of life
The other road offered sweet peace
When I made my decision
My vision became my release.

@Shelton Another of my favorites (I love the bass line in this one):

Dan Fogelberg... brings me back!

@Duke thank you for posting that was beautiful.

Peter Gabriel.

Freddy Mercury. For me anyway.

No way I can pick just one.

At heart, I am a rock & roll girl. That being said, I can (and do) listen to all types of music. But I can't pick a single favorite artist. I can't really pick a favorite anything lol.

I am unable to decide on a favorite, in anything,(except candy and then it is chocolate.)

@Shelton Seriously! How can you forget to pick up chocolate?

I'm the same way- no favorites. My favorite today might not be my favorite tomorrow!

Some of my favorites

Paul Hardcastle.. I love the smooth thing..

I love MJ too but I have trouble picking just one favorite (a problem I have in a few areas.). I think because each one brings me enjoyment in different area. For example, Andrea Bocelli and MJ, two very different artists but both touch me in very different ways. ?

UK Dj Kiran Vaidya aka HEFTY. Post modern industrial techno

..at the moment, “Richard Theodore Otcasek.” Other times, John Lennon.. It varies ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

Which genre, which time period?

Favorite artists would have to be Rush. Band evolved played with any style they wanted to and never worried what the critics thought about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:237610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.