Agnostic.com

29 8

Who is your favorite all time musical artist?

Up until now I never thought I had a favorite. Yet reflecting on Micheal Jackson from his start with the Jackson 5 to his very last works, he by far has had more recordings that I loved than any other artist.

By Shelton8
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

David Fucking Bowie

You're goddamn right, he is!

@Minta79 These other fools trying to touch his awesomeness...psh.

Keep trying.

@Donotbelieve only Freddy even comes close. Under Pressure may be my favorite song, though...

@Minta79 I'm not personally a fan, but I will admit that his voice was gorgeous.

@Donotbelieve he had a larger than life presence and plenty of showmanship, too. Bowie was better, though. No contest.

@Minta79 Agreed on all counts.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

Luciano Pavarotti.

Nessun Dorma:

Impossible for me to pick one in any genre let alone overall. Johnny Cash, BB King, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, Paul Simon, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, James Brown, George Clinton, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, and Prince are all sort of equal pillars at the height of influential solo artistry to me. Then a whole different list of bands.

Neil Young, Buddy Guy and John Prine...it's much too difficult to pick eh? All of those you mentioned and more as we think about it...how about some females? Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt and Tina Turner and the list never ends. ?

@Serenityseeker true that, they're playing the wrap it up music already and we're not even to the B sides.

Judy Garland

conrep Level 4 Dec 5, 2018

Ella Fitzgerald

Lorajay Level 7 Dec 5, 2018

Singular? Bowie followed by Elvis Costello.

powder Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

Keb Mo. Saw him live when I was 12, to this day the best show i've ever seen, and I love all of his music.

@Shelton
Funny you mentioned the Jackson 5, I heard an old favorite of mine yesterday and was thinking "Damn I forgot how awesome the Jackson 5 were!"

Hastur Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

@Shelton What I heard was ABC, and damn I wanted to get up and dance!!!

I like too many genre of music to pick one or even two in each one.

Sticks48 Level 9 Dec 5, 2018

If I use your ratio it's totally AC/DC. I own more AC/DC than anything else comparatively.

However, the one I have worn out in the most formats is Machine Head by Deep Purple.

Easier to say which one is not.... One particular genre does not click for me, that's it

Freddie mercury

Pink Floyd, by a looooong shot!

Darius77 Level 6 Dec 5, 2018

Mine happens to be Tech N9ne.

WeaZ Level 7 Dec 7, 2018

Peter Gabriel.

Freddy Mercury. For me anyway.

No way I can pick just one.

nvrnuff Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

At heart, I am a rock & roll girl. That being said, I can (and do) listen to all types of music. But I can't pick a single favorite artist. I can't really pick a favorite anything lol.

I am unable to decide on a favorite, in anything,(except candy and then it is chocolate.)

@Shelton Seriously! How can you forget to pick up chocolate?

I'm the same way- no favorites. My favorite today might not be my favorite tomorrow!

Some of my favorites

Paul Hardcastle.. I love the smooth thing..

I love MJ too but I have trouble picking just one favorite (a problem I have in a few areas.). I think because each one brings me enjoyment in different area. For example, Andrea Bocelli and MJ, two very different artists but both touch me in very different ways. ?

BeeHappy Level 9 Dec 5, 2018

UK Dj Kiran Vaidya aka HEFTY. Post modern industrial techno

Qualia Level 8 Dec 5, 2018

..at the moment, “Richard Theodore Otcasek.” Other times, John Lennon.. It varies ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:237610'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!