Agnostic.com

22 0

Is there life after divorce?

DalasM 4 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Life is always what you make it. You sound like you’re taking positive steps to rediscovering yourself.

YES ... I’ve done much living since, my ex did much living before we got divorced, hence the divorce... If I had known four years sooner we both could’ve been having sex.

It took some time after my wife divorced me, but I am now happier than ever. Hang in there, man.

Of course!

Yes... and it's better

A big yes. Take some time for yourself first to get over it. Different things work for different people. Maybe you need a support group or therapy or to make new friends. Or maybe you just need a trip to Vegas. There's no shame in needing some you time.

Absolutely, a bright future is coming into your life if
you open the door for it. A value life doesn't end after a divorce but rather take it as a learning experience. Don't rush and take your sweet time to heal your emotional life.

Yes! Give it a while. Life usually gets better!

That is entirely up to you.

Although never married, I'm going to say yes.

Most I know who dumped their dead weight (less them themselves) significant others are significantly happier now.

Some went on and found better replacements others are just living happier lives.

Absolutely. Sometimes the trash takes itself out.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 12, 2018

Is there life after divorce?

Only if there was life before marriage.

That is to say, that you were a complete and whole person with your own sense of self love, before you brought another complete and whole person into your life that had their own sense of self love. That even though you could go on living without them contentedly, joining together with them would only add value to your already fulfilling existence.

If however, you made the too common mistake of latching on too soon to someone that was just as broken as you; in codependency hoping that they could fill the voids in your character that you failed to address ahead time because you were too desperate, and didn't think you were worth it. Only to realize too late that this bond couldn't last, and you were just as incomplete after. Only now there was additional pain instead of solace.

Then I can understand why that person would question if there was life after divorce.

My apologies if this comes off as a rude lecture, rather than the tough love style advice that I intended it to be. Some of life's harshest lessons have to be experienced first hand. Good luck and stay strong. Everything stings less over time.

When people say, 'You can't buy happiness." I tell them that You can, and it's called divorce.

JimG Level 8 Dec 12, 2018

Reminds me of the old joke. Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it! Ba duhm, rim shot..

@TomMcGiverin I posted that same joke here recently. It's only funny because it's true.

YES, if, as in my case, you were in a dysfunctional marriage. Not to say there weren’t good aspects, some of which I miss. BUT, the negative eventually outweighed the positive, and I probably stayed in the marriage for a few years longer than was healthy for me (sometimes I do the wrong things for all the right reasons). Now, I can appreciate the freedom from being so close to a person who is very judgemental of others, has no boundaries, but has all the solutions to everyone else's predicaments. After the divorce, my horizons opened up again! Life goes on, regardless ...

Way too much, sometimes.

OMFG, you betcha! Takes about a year (make no major purchases, take no vows, etc) and than you go "wow, what a favor they did me!"

@maturin1919 if you enjoy wallowing in "what might have been", yeah, I guess. But why?

@maturin1919 ASSumptions do not flatter anyone. I have been divorced twice, the lat one not what I wanted, after 33years of marriage. What exactly do I not understand, according to you?

I just love when they ask for advice, then nastily disrespect me....how about the rest of you?

You learned what not to do. That is a positive thing. Now you can get other women to do that thing your old wife wouldn't do. Things will get way better soon.

@Donotbelieve
Hey, how are you feeling today? Better I hope.

Yes, there is life after divorce. It takes a little bit though.

That's usually where life begins.

My sister thinks so. She got the kids and that is about all she wanted when she split with her husband.

Liz Taylor would've said hell yes

Bloody oath there is, you get to be yourself once again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.