Agnostic.com

22 5

Perspective

If you could see yourself thru someone else’s eye and see all your flaws, do you think you would be surprised?

ChrisJones 6 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What flaws??? You obviously have me mixed up with someone else.

Clearly.

Since flaws change on the perspective of the observer, I feel I'd be surprised by anyone's perception of me, since it would be so estranged from my own sense of self.

Nope..lol

I'm well aware of my flaws. 😛

Betty Level 8 Feb 20, 2018

Nah. It's the inverse for me. I couldn't take a compliment at gunpoint without wondering what motivation brought them to such desperation.

lol!

No, pretty much know them all intimately.

This question flummoxed me. Most of my friends usually tell me they wish l could see myself through their eyes so I can see my good qualities.

I am my own worst critic. I don't need any help. 🙂

My view of myself is always worse than others.

Not really. I embrace my flaws. The ones I like I do nothing about and the ones I dislike I work to alleviate myself of them.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

nope, my flaws feel pretty obvious since they've been repeated to me for a pretty long time. Im not good at fixing them, i should probably work on that

I live with my flaws. I figure if someone doesn’t like them they can tell me, and I still will likely not change. I’m too old now to care.

I don't wanna know.

Nope. How often you hear someone in a better position than you say... I wish I was more like you! You have to accept Who you are and How you are. People often enough look only for what's good about you and what is wrong is tossed aside. When I look at a woman for the first time I look at her first with the "artist eye". I squint to see only the features before I see the details. The imperfections will be revealed later. But I never want them to be the first impression. Nothing surprises me about me other than going back to read things I wrote years ago... that's surprise me because brings to the front the things someone's eye will never see. We need to stop the "What do they think of me?" There is a time for everything but the time for loving yourself never ends.

You get there around age 40ish. I gave up worrying about what people think of me about that point and I’ve never looked back.

@ChrisJones The Way to Roll.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be depressed. 🙂

marga Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

I’ve been depressed for years. Nothing special about it.

I don’t think I would be surprised. I’m aware of most of not all my flaws. Flaws are what make us unique in my opinion.

An attribute being positive or negative would be a matter of perspective itself. That being said my rather large superego runs backwards so it is likely other perceive my more positively than I do.

nah, I have them in spades, I find most people have rose coloured glasses and I have to point some of my flaws out to them. I do get a bit peeved when someone finally sees a flaw they have overlooked and gets mad at me, seriously, the flaws have always been there, not my fault they didn't notice them.

I doubt anyone thinks about me much at all, except when our lives intersect, and that's the way I like it.
People who have had obsessed stalkers and revengeful enemies would probably agree!

My youngest sister used to be jealous of me, and angry that I hung with my other sister, so took constant revenge on me, which I never saw coming, being clueless.

My dad was also jealous of me, resenting me due to my being born eleven months after my older brother. He constantly blamed me for everything, even when I'd been gone to a friend's house when the deed happened. He would even punish me for things he heard of other horses doing, assuming it was my horse, even if the offending horse was a completely different color.

Luckily, my siblings usually helped by letting me get lost in the crowd of kids and sometimes my mom went behind the scenes to get my dad to relent on some arbitrary punishment, and my dad was at the radio station transmitters most of the time anyway, working on the diesel engines.

I can't imagine not being surprised by that.

Yes, I know some of my flaws but I am sure there are some that never even occurred to me. Also, many people see me as angry because I have a gruff tone in my voice. If I try to "ungruff" my voice I come across as patronizing and condescending.

No idea. Curious, though...

Idk but I'd like to.

Probably not as I'm quite self-aware but without that actually happening it's not easy to answer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.