Agnostic.com

65 12

Do you have a favorite decade of music?

I liked 90s music and early 2000s the best. But, this was also a time that I grew up in. I wish more bands would make music in that vein-- but I also wonder if people are biased towards decades of music in which they were children and teens.

So, do you have a favorite decade of music?

silvereyes 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments (51 - 65)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

60's!!!!!!!

Not really I like such diverse things

70's, it went from classic rock to the best disco... from the best latin jazz to the best salsa... from brazilian jazz to fusion jazz. THE 1970'S.

Favourite decade is not a decade (orchestral classics) after that -- 60's but, with the exception of most (not all) jazz, rap, and grunge. I enjoy music from most decades.

Same as you, late 90's, early 200O's. Love me some metal!

For me it would have to be the 1870s. Wagner's 'Die Walküre,' 'Götterdämmerung' and 'Siegfried,' plus Tchaikovsky's 'Romeo and Juliet,' would be more than enough to make it the greatest decade. When you add the works of Antonín Dvorák, Giuseppe Verdi, Georges Bizet, Camille Saint-Saëns, Franz Liszt, Modest Mussorgsky, Johannes Brahms, Johann Strauss II, Edvard Grieg, Gustav Mahler, and Smetana....I can't see how any other single decade could come even a close second in terms of the sheer out put of great music.

For me personally, 60's-70's music. Overall, classical.

Just one decade? Hmmm... The span I would choose from is 60s-90s. I'm going with the 70s because of the development of metal and prog rock. I know pop and disco were also prevalent but that's just coincident. Most of my favorite albums are from that decade. Remember concept albums? Who does that anymore besides maybe Mastodon?

I love the 60s 70s and 80s

Honestly, my music taste ranges from the 60s to the early 2000s. It just depends on what mood I’m in really.

Honestly, my music taste ranges from the 60s to the early 2000s. It just depends on what mood I’m in really.

Probably the 70s, had such great fun with glam rock, getting into music, understanding that there was this enormous history of music, being in a band at school (I played drums and Carl Palmer was my hero), first snog, first gig....just brilliant 🙂

1970s and 1990s. I wanted to just skip the 1980s.

I'm a Prof. musician and have found over the years, that usually people are like you. They tend to stay with and like music that is playing when they are late highschool, early college. I like 80s and some late 70s music.

For me personally, 60's-70's music. Overall, classical.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.