Agnostic.com

41 4

Why Would Anyone Fall In Love With You?

I was recently asked this question. I honestly couldn't answer it until now.

Because I'm funny???

What about YOU?

SleeplessInTexas 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So much depends on tone and inflection. β€œWhy would anyone fall in love with YOU?!?” would be really rude. πŸ₯΄

UUNJ Level 8 Feb 19, 2019

Not a thing, I hope. Or I may have to start carrying a crucifix and holy water.

Surely you aren’t that β€œ unlovable β€œ?

@bubaj50 Well you know me better than anyone here.

I'd like to think people fall in love with me for my philosophical views, shared interests and sense of humor, but unfortunately, it usually just falls to simple physical attraction, with no thoughts toward my brain, likes and dislikes.

I'm funny in lonely kind of way.

@PalacinkyPDX some of both but mostly at...πŸ˜ͺ

Ha! Hanksters quite the catch. Don't fall for his "oh shucks" routine?

@OpposingOpposum shhhh!

Intelligent, handsome, provider, builder, innovative, passionate, rational, sarcastic, funny, tall, But I live in the remote wilderness, never meet anyone, old, have 5 kids.

You sound fab.

Because I'm loveable and worthy.

I could tell you but I don't want to get cyber-slapped ? J/K btw.

Because I am drop dead Handsome with a contagious personality LOL

Because I'm funny, intelligent, kind, passionate, honest, tactful, reasonable, fiercely loyal, love animals, and a good cook... And I'm not too horrible to look at, I guess.

All true(I have no idea about the cooking thing but I'll take your word for it) ?

@OpposingOpposum Thank you πŸ™‚

I'm handsome, talented, rich, I party with Rock Stars, hung like a Hippo, and I pride myself on being a sarcastic SOB from Hell.. What's not to love.. πŸ˜‰

im a good honest friend

You mean "funny", like a clown!?

@PalacinkyPDX well shit. Now I'm in love with you.

@PalacinkyPDX , great smile πŸ˜€

Good question. What caused men to fall in love with me? I never asked.

It's a genetically evolved instinctual response..........Now you know.....

Because I'm me.

Because you are kind and empathetic. You are funny and supportive. You are appreciative and so damn intelligent that it blows my fucking mind. Thank you for being my patronus.

Because I'm funny, smart(mouthed), into fitness (AND fitness whole taco in my mouth!), and have a particular set of talents that help survive cold nights.

Nope. Got nothing.

i'm smart, sarcastic, and amazing in bed. but please, don't fall in love with me.

I think you all sound utterly adorable. So nice that kindness pops up so often. Kindness and love are all we have. As for me. I am up my own ass, a know-it-all, over achiever, passionate, opinionated, demanding, hard-working and honest. If you fall into the small number of people I trully love then you will benefit from all those attributes. I will roar for you.

I have noticed that you are very nice to others and so well spoken. Keep on being you.

In an effort to avoid a one minute elevator speech, I'll just say this: I'm passionate!

I'm artistic and a good friend. I like to have fun and experience wonderful things with another person. I'm very loyal and have a good shoulder to cry on if needed. I'm a good listener. Besides because I want to fall in love with someone who really loves me.

I am nurturing and supportive with a partner. I am funny and affectionate. I am honest, don't play games and am as loyal as the family dog. I am intelligent. I am willing to try new things, like dancing or biking, or other interests, if a partner wants to share those with me. I am financially secure and glad to pay my own way on everything we share together. I enjoy being romantic once I get comfortable with someone and know they feel that way about me. I get along well with dogs and cats. I sing well and love all music except country and classical.

Because I'm lovable ! And a bit wacko ...

I'm kind, funny, patient, pleasant natured, and affectionate.

Deb57 Level 8 Feb 20, 2019

I have been single since the end of 1998. I have not sought dating. As I've gotten older I'm no longer sure that I am lovable. That's okay. If someone comes along, fine; if not, fine.

Everyone is lovable

How can one answer that? What is special/different/endering/lovealbe about me or anybody else is not special to others.

@Jolanta it's all about connection. Emotional connection is the strongest. At least for me.

@SleeplessInTexas Yes you are right. Then older I get then more "critical" I get too. No matter how I may be interested in someone as soon as they are mean or arrogant to the waitress I seem to go off them at once.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:293540
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.