Agnostic.com

26 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He planned to kill Democrats and Journalists,

"Enemies of the People".

Trump's blathering is dangerous.

cava Level 7 Feb 20, 2019

did I happen to land on the page of insanity?

This homophobic, Islamophobic, Misogynistic, Antisemitic, Racist movement is bigger than Trump. He's just a tool of the SOBs calling the shots. And Trump's just telling his followers what they want to hear.
[counterpunch.org]

If he would not evil like Helllllary would be destroying our world. Unfortunately the truth does not have much support. Ignorance does. So every cockroach (politician, clergy, banker, roach itself) even if he is an atheist goes to be seen in churches of majority to get elected. Yes, it is very sad. I would love to live in Geniocracy (dictatorship of science and reason) like Singapore. Unfortunately I am not rich enough to be able to do it.

@arizonajerry69 Wait a second... did you just use the word "Hellary"? And praise Singapore (where caning is a judicial punishment) as a "dictatorship of science and reason"?
I'm beginning to question your qualifications as a judge of what is or is not evil.

@Arizonajerry Why don't you go live there then? You sound like a dictatorship would suit you just fine.

“civil war if trump impeached”
Pretty clear who's encouraging this insanity!

Trump is malignant.

Tig3r Level 3 Feb 21, 2019

Well put!!

I hope not. It would be a pitty if the best president since Kennedy had a dreadful disease

Trump’s a far better president than that idiot Obama!

All his voters will be sorry soon enough

That's who put trump in office.

A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist was arrested after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his Maryland home that authorities say he stockpiled to launch a widespread domestic terrorist attack targeting politicians and journalists.

Christopher Paul Hasson called for “focused violence” to “establish a white homeland” and said, “I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth,” in one of his letters that contemplated launching a biological plague, according to court records filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland. Though court documents do not detail a specific planned date for an attack, the government said he had been amassing supplies and weapons since at least 2017, developed a spreadsheet of targets that included House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and searched the Internet using phrases such as “best place in dc to see congress people” and “are supreme court justices protected.”

“The defendant intends to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country,” the government said in court documents filed this week, arguing that Hasson should stay in jail awaiting trial.

Hasson, 49, of Silver Spring, is expected to appear before a judge for a detention hearing in federal court in Greenbelt at 1 p.m. Thursday.

Hasson was arrested on charges of possessing illegal weapons and drugs on Friday, but the government said those charges are the “proverbial tip of the iceberg.” Officials with the U.S. attorney’s office in Maryland outlined Hasson’s alleged plans to spark chaos and destruction in court documents, describing a man obsessed with neo-fascist and neo-Nazi views.

“Please send me your violence that I may unleash it onto their heads,” Hasson wrote in a letter that prosecutors said was found in his email drafts. “Guide my hate to make a lasting impression on this world.”

A magistrate judge ordered the federal public defender’s office to represent Hasson; that office declined to comment Wednesday.

Hasson has been working at the U.S. Coast Guard headquarters in Washington since 2016, according to court documents filed by prosecutors. He also served in the U.S. Marine Corps between 1988 to 1993 and in the Army National Guard for about two years in the mid-1990s, the filings state.

Agents with the FBI field office in Baltimore and the Coast Guard Investigative Service arrested Hasson on Friday, FBI Baltimore spokesman Dave Fitz confirmed.

A Coast Guard spokesman, Lt. Cmdr. Scott McBride, said Wednesday that Hasson no longer works at Coast Guard headquarters.

“An active duty Coast Guard member stationed at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C., was arrested last week on illegal weapons and drug charges as a result of an ongoing investigation led by Coast Guard Investigation Services, in cooperation with the FBI and the Dept. of Justice,” McBride said in a written statement. McBride declined to comment further, citing the open investigation.

Court documents do not detail what prompted federal law enforcement to begin investigating Hasson, but contend that Hasson had been studying the 1,500-page manifesto of right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik, who unleashed two attacks in 2011 that killed 77 people in Norway, and echoed Breivik’s attack preparations

The manifesto outlined how Breivik planned and prepared his attacks with the aim of providing a road map for others planning similar terrorist operations, the U.S. court filings say.

Breivik took steroids and narcotics, believing it would heighten his abilities to carry out attacks. When law enforcement raided Hasson’s apartment, they said they found a locked container loaded with more than 30 vials of what appeared to be human growth hormone. He has also ordered more than 4,200 pills of the narcotic Tramadol since 2016, along with synthetic urine to allegedly bypass possible random drug screenings at work, they said.

Breivik encouraged identifying targets and traitors. In recent weeks, according to the court filings, Hasson developed a spreadsheet of targets that included top Democratic congressional leaders and media personalities. The list includes “JOEY,” what prosecutors say is a reference to former congressman Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.), now of MSNBC; “cortez,” an alleged reference to freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-New York); and “Sen blumen jew,” presumably about Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).

Authorities seized 15 firearms, including several long guns and rifles, and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from his cramped basement apartment after executing a search warrant this month. Over the past two years, he had made nearly two dozen purchases of firearms or related equipment and made thousands of visits to websites selling weapons or tactical gear.

The filing was first reported Wednesday afternoon by the Program on Extremism at George Washington University.

Authorities said Hasson harbored extremist views for years.

“The defendant is a domestic terrorist,” the government said in court filings, “bent, on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct.”

In an email he drafted in June 2017, he contemplated biological attacks and targeting food supplies, according to the court filings. He considered the merits of a “bombing/sniper campaign.” And included a “Things to do” list that included purchasing land “out west or possibly NC mtns” for family and researching tactics used during the civil war in Ukraine.

“During unrest target both sides to increase tension,” Hasson wrote in the email, according to the court filings. “In other words provoke gov/police to over react which should help to escalate violence. BLM protests or other left crap would be ideal to incite to violence.”

In another letter drafted months later to an American neo-Nazi leader, cited in the court filing, Hasson called for a “white homeland.” He sent the letter to himself nearly two months after the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, where torch carrying white-supremacists clashed with anti-racist protesters.

“I never saw a reason for mass protest or wearing uniforms marching around provoking people with swastikas etc.,” Hasson said in the letter, according to court filings. “I was and am a man of action you cannot change minds protesting like that. However you can make change with a little focused violence.”

Hasson’s commitment to destruction appeared heightened in recent weeks, according to prosecutors. He created a list of “traitors” and targets on Jan. 19 in an Excel spreadsheet on his work computer, they said, which was created two days after he conducted several Internet inquiries:

8:54 a.m.: “what if trump illegally impeached”

8:57 a.m.: “best place in dc to see congress people”

8:58 a.m.: “where in dc to congress live”

10:39 a.m.: “civil war if trump impeached”

11:26 a.m.: “social democrats usa”

The arrest marks the second time that the service has responded to an incident involving alleged white supremacy in recent months. In September, the Coast Guard reprimanded a service member who flashed what some people identified as a white supremacy sign in the background of a televised interview with another officer during the response to Hurricane Florence.

“We are aware of the offensive video on twitter — the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response,” the service said at the time in a tweet. “His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard.”

That individual was not identified.

“His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard.”

Oh great. That’s good to know.

Its insanely frustrating and sad that at this day and age these ideologies still remain.

This is mental illness at it’s worst! This is not even close to normal thinking and behaving! There is a disconnect in our culture that is helping to create this mind set! Was there no ‘signs’ when this man was in the military and at his workplace? There are so many questions? The person may not be the only one of his kind...

What a monster. I hope he is kept locked up and then prosecuted.

I used to be pretty naive and I thought the american militia were the biggest threat to our country but now we have openly racist people actively arming themselves and actively threatening and they come everywhere.

American militia ? who they ?

@Moravian not sure the official term but this was way before Trump or palin. Just backwoods people who organized militias. Idaho and other states. Oklahoma city bomber was one

@Janiesuper I visited Idaho last year and there certainly are a lot of guns but would they be able to organise themselves ?. I doubt it. I remember a bunch in Waco Texas tried to take on the authorities with out much success.

@Moravian they are small groups. Doubtful they can create a large army but they can definitely cause trouble

@Moravian [en.m.wikipedia.org]

They have morphed into reich wing evangelicals that support tRump.

Lady, open your eyes and arm yourself before it is to late.

i'm not fighting this stupid fight, i keep my gas tank full and my dogs leash by the door. any signs of trouble and we hit the road with a laptop. thats it. fuck all of those motherfuckers who think they can strike fear in us, who think they can stomp all over someone elses space and property and call it a win. fuck that. there is nothing anyone can steal from me.

@Janiesuper Maybe nothing material, but they can steal your sense of security and your peace of mind and make you want to leave your home and hit the road. What has happened to America in the last 20 years? I don't feel safe here anymore. Too many crazy, angry, stupid people with guns.

@Moravian folks, this is an easy Google search for any one of you who TRULY wants to be informed on the issue.

The system of racism is predictable to say the least , as one understands its origins ,they will not be be distracted by the side stories . The masses are merely pitted against each other while a small group rule , and enjoy the fruits of all of our labors . To suggest that Obama or even Trump are the cause of ,or directly involved in the re-insurgence of racism is so far from the truth, it’s sad . We are manipulated by a system that has poisoned the very core of the human psyche and continues to do so .

I am DOG. The Great and Powerful. And on the Seventh Day of the Apocolypse, seven angels will blow seven eggplants each.And seven cauliflowers will loose seven trumpet blasts each. And out of each trumpet blast will emerge seven Trumps. From whicheth burst forth seven gusts of intestinal gas each. And the unrighteous will be smothered with the vengeance of Dog!

I just love a vegan terrorist DOG

@TheoryNumber3 ARF-ARF!

"Cry havoc and unleash the DOG of war" and he shall smite thee in his righteous zeal with his weapons of Mass Flatulence...

halelujah

I wonder who he was selling the weapons too..Nazis and Proud Boys perhaps?

The government has a vested interest in maintaining fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Budgets are at stake.

Really? Super villians do exist now and then... mostly in James Bond flicks.

The first person he should start with is himself

Just seems to me , if he hates everyone , it's be easier to remove himself , than to try to remove everyone else .

Not that intelligent.

He should have stuck with the dreams like everyone else and not started with the planning and weapons 😉 kidding, obviously, but this guy sounds like he needs some help with his mental state.

How many last persons are there on earth?

I am visualizing an airport parking lot where a group of Last Persons on Earth just met. Everybody looks around. Damn! Not one woman in sight.

I mean I’d appreciate it if he was to start with himself but seriously what it would take to achieve what he’s considered would be nearly humanly impossible.

I should know because I have thought about it myself since 2016 if for nothing more than to give our self centered child like society something to actually cry about or at least expedite the circling of the drain.?

He could do a lot of carnage...without the full program!

Well it might be the best thing for climate change.........depending on HOW he intended to kill everyone.

Is not what keeping trump as unpresident is?

What a jerk

White nationalists can be mentally ill also.

I thought that was the definition

That's what the extreme right does.

Google News posted an item that a 76 year old woman was killed in a Mosque in Norway.

One member of the Conservatist Atheist group?

look at the poster's profile. she's just posting it for our information.

The liberals are obsessed with white supremacy which is actually very rare. That arrogant, racist piece of crap Obama was the one who started this. Race relations deteriorated dramatically under that idiot.

I disagree strongly. Race relations have sucked in the US forever, unless you were lily white and male. Never ever in the history of the US have non white non male been treated like white males. Obama only caused the problem to come to the surface. The US has an aggressive history of oppressing everyone, from the indigenous population to the most current arrivals.

you are extremely misinformed. White supremacy is the biggest threat in the US right now.

@CrankyAntie, @HippieChick58 If that were true we would not have had a black president.

@Trajan61 do your homework. hate groups increased all over the country after Obama was elected. go to Southern Poverty Law Center.

@CrankyAntie The Southern Poverty law center is a liberal left wing piece of crap. Why would I believe anything those idiots said.

You drinking St. IDE’s ? Drop some info to support that , I am definitely open to listen to what you have to say .

Not so. I was raised in Conservative Christian churches and I know how racist the vast majority of them were. My mother was better than most, but she still believed that white people are somehow superior as ordained by her god; and years ago she expressed her fears of a less white America.

And, to say that Obama is a racist is just ridiculous. The reason race relations deteriorated under Obama was because it terrified people, like those all around me, that a black man was president.

@Joanne Al Sharpton visited the Obama White House over 70 times and he was extremely racist. So you don’t believe his association with that racist doesn’t make him racist? How about when Obama defended that black thug Trayvon Martin?

@HippieChick58 If that’s the case why did we have a black president? And a racist one at that.

@HippieChick58 same situation here in So Africa.

I hope he uses a gun, or a small bomb, that way the damage can be limited. If he was the president he could just push one button. I am not scared.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:294541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.