Agnostic.com

30 3

If you could pick any historical period to live in,what would it be?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm probably better off living right now. If I'd been around during other times, I'd probably have gotten myself killed just for being myself.

I was born in 1948. I got to see the "rise and fall of the United States." Not sure there has been anything more spectacular that happened in one life time.

As far as I am concerned, today is the best time in history to be alive.

Depends on who I get/have to be when I get there. I could enjoy a nice decadent Roman orgy (not Greek lol) but that was for the upper class. Being a slave during that time (or any time for that matter) would have sucked.

Not knowing what my station would be I would choose early 1960's Britain. Hang out at the Cavern Club in Liverpool when the Beatles were there. Or head over to the Marquee Club in "Swinging" London to watch the Rolling Stones, Clapton at the Flamingo, etc.

"Hey, Eric, check out this riff. I call it Layla. You can cop it if you like it."

MarqG Level 5 Feb 26, 2018

Cool....

The 60s they had the best cars and anyone with a decent job could afford one. Before everything got so overpopulated. The world wasn't so filled with hate. Most people could retire before they were too old to enjoy it.

Here and now. We have it easier the any other period before us. Examples, instant hot water, cars, washing machines, mobile phones etc etc. The list goes on and on, with the luxuries we have to make life easier.

I would just apply to audition for Dr Who. Then I could do all ages for ages.

That's a hard one. And there is a stipulation to it: would I know everything I know now? Or would it just be: "hey you get to reincarnate; when would you like to be born?

The reasons I ask, is because if I know everything, then I wanna pop back to the 90s and set myself up for a better life, if I don't know then sometime when Japan was doing well, like the Heian period.

The next one looks interesting so that one.

Anything pre-Trump would be nice. If this question came up for me as a younger man I would be stuck in the American old west.

Arggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! Trump.....bleah!

As much add I revel in history...including being an on/off member of the SCA...I like laying on my memory foam mattress in a clean, heated home with my coffee machine and creamer in the fridge, powered by electricity. In content to play dress up in the current time....

The days of knight's and ladies fair.

One of my hobbies is medieval history. 🙂

When mordern humans first entered Europe..

I appreciate this period but, at times, I think I was born in the wrong era because I want to go back and experience times like I've read in classic books or I go all girly (which is rare) and want the dresses and stuff they had back in, like, the 1800's and shit. But, then again, they didn't have deodorant or air conditioning, so.... wrinkles nose

The future.

Funny, that you present such a question. I consider myself an innovated and hopeful person but since the 'current history' has revealed itself, I truely believe I cannot trust any period back in time! How that happened I cannot say...

This one.

Now . We aced it [ in the north west ] no wars no hunger no big brother no catastrophic weather and great levels of affluence

...what is the name of that fairy tale?

IF there is no memory of having lived in this era, I would choose pre-Saint Patrick Ireland.

It's funny but this question has been asked through out the decades. Every time people say the one they are presently living. I see a lot of things in my past better than now but also visa versa. Health wise I would have to say in the 80's.

Paris in the 1920's.

Knowing what I know now. I would have liked being a news paper reporter in the old west. It would be very educational interview the likes of outlaws Butch and Sundance, Billy the Kid, The Plumber gang and Jesse James. Then interview law men like Pat Garret, Wyatt Earp, Vigilantes and Pinkerton agents. What great print I would have talking to 49ers in California, Silver miners in Nevada, Cowboys on round ups, Indians like Sitting Bull and Chief Joseph and people on wagon trains heading to a new future.
And of course best of all, the ladies that won the West, the soiled doves and having the pleasure of sampling their wares.
Where is that time machine?

That seemed like a very long life span...indeed!

1860's United States, Civil War era.

I would rather go forward to the future to see what technological advances mankind has achieved. Have we found other intelligent life forms on other planets. Space travel, the end of religion.

Considering I'm a lesbian woman that doesn't fit the gender binary half the time, I'd like this time. Plus we have medication and modern science.

But if I could travel to a time for a little while, it'd probably be the 1960's or maybe the time after the Revolutionary War

We should all love one another....I am glad to see that the world is starting to recognise that all people should have equality when it comes to who we love.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.