Agnostic.com

22 3

What's the strangest thing you witnessed personally

I mean things others would not believe if you tell them

LeighShelton 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My main reason for bringing this up is something that happened when my boys were very young and I was still with there mother. I live approx 50 miles from the coast of south-east England. it was a lovely warm night and we spontaneously took the kids and 3 dogs to the coast. there was an off sure oil rig with lights and arcades behind us so it was lightish. we had a st bernard, a shar-pei and a dachshund at the time. as we walked along the beech the sharpie had spotted something in the surf and went and grabbed it.this thing was a black and white bird about 16` tall that waddled. my shar-pei was hurting it and the dachshund was nearly drowning trying to get to it. I instinctually grabbed the shar-pei which made her let go. the bird didn't fly away but dived under the surf never to be seen again. now im pretty good on creature identity and where they live but it was at night so I can't say for sure but I know I walked around with my ex-saying "fucking hell a penguin on the beech in England" and "should I mention it" as I wondered about people believing me. can anyone on here think of a short black and white bird that stands upright, waddles and escapes under the sea apart from a penguin?

i have to put my bird-identifying cap on LOL

lol I've thought and thought but I'm sure it must have been a penguin

Ok, at the risk of getting drenched in ridicule (again):

a friend of mine had taken over the lease of a farmhouse, but he kept contact with the widow of the former caretaker, a woman in her 70s, who was still grieving the death of her husband & the fact that she'd had to let go of her home of 45 years - she just couldn't maintain the house & gardens anymore.

my friend still let her pick bunches of her beloved flowers, & when it came to slaughtering one or the other of the young roosters, she would do the deed. then one day he went into the barn & found her hanging from a rafter - she'd just had enough & too much loss to bear any longer.

a few weeks after this we were all sitting in the former pig sty, lovingly transformed by my friend into a spacious lounge, celebrating his 50th birthday. I was just looking towards the windows when I saw the yellow-golden shape of the old woman gliding past.

I do not believe in ghosts or anything supernatural, but I know what I see.

no, i don't but I've seen something very similar that was human-like but glowed in the dark. strangely I thought I would of shit my pants but I was fine.

this post is all about the unexplained hard to believe stuff. it's up to others if they believe you but like you I know what my eyes see

@LeighShelton, funnily i don't even expect anyone to believe me - i wouldn't, if i haven't experienced something like this myself. i'm quite adamant in my non-belief 😀

you have no reason to lie

LOL! @Donotbelieve

@LeighShelton, exactly!

It was a hot day and i saw a man running down the street with nothing but sneakers on. In his defense it was hot that day!

very fucking hot lol

In the 70's I ran into an argument between a former governor of Puerto Rico and a reporter. About 2 AM in front of the Disco San Juan San Juan, in old San Juan. Two days later it was in the news. I thought I had imagined an Hallucination because I was on LSD. Only witness and there were no smart cell phones. But to the few cats I told the story before it came out... and thought it was just a "trip" like me... I became "Da Legend". Life in a Colony in the 70's.

LSD has this magic talent of attracting strange events.

brilliant lol. I remember being on speed/amphetamines when I was in my 20,s with two friends who had taken way too much acid. we were bikers we thought and dressed scruffy, leathers etc, long hair. it was 4 am in the morning but no one was around as we walked up the town centre. then I noticed a copper walking towards us. I freaked but tried to keep my cool. I thought my mates on a completely different planet had seen him too. we got within literally touching distance and one screamed at the top of his lungs while the other pointed, nearly taking the coppers eye out, RUN it's THE PIGS. they both just ran in 2 different directions leaving me looking a right twat buzzing off of my head wondering what to do waiting for handcuffs. we caught each other's eyes and we both shrugged and carried on. that copper does not know how full my underwear was lol.

@Savage Yeah... Everything is location, location. The ex governor was in the disco with his mistress, nobody cared and there I am, open the door of the club to leave and it all started in front of me... things you do in the name of youth. I am glad I got all that out of my system 40 years ago. Allow me now not to even smoke weed or live in a pill assisted health. Been there, done that kind of guy. My children trying to convince me to get a "weed card" and I refusing it with the conviction of a puritan. Nothing ails me in need of cure. No different than my youth. But it is just my own experience.

@LeighShelton Those were the days and we are living proof the "opiates and other substances" we did back then... didn't killed us... so different from today's. I have a friend lost an eye on a trip. I am sure some lost their lives in some activity related. But it was the activity not the drug itself. I heard stories of combat in the sky between a guy spirit and angels and to listening to the story and that epic battle and a friend screaming move away there is one behind you. There is that movie "the wolf of wall street" that had some scenes very accurate of what was consumption of barbituric on those days. I heard the story of someone I knew that the police removed from her purse a stolen check book inside the check book were about 40-60 hits of clear window pane. Police didn't noticed them. We are the Survivors, those who lived to tell the story. The morning glory trip that landed 3 friends in jail and one in the hospital and the one in the hospital ran away and escaped... so the friends were told in the holding cell... by the way, your minor friend died. When they were released on bail... they went to the other guy house to learn about the funeral and he was alive drinking orange juice and wondering about them himself!!! You never knew what was going to happen. Day to day... never a dull moment. And you lived to tell the story another day.

fuck yes, I'm amazed I made it out of my 40,s. some friends of mine were tripping on acid and the barman got them arrested and searched for drugs on a personal, bend over and touch your toes kind of way. they said there was nothing so scary as tripping in a cell.

LOL! @LeighShelton

@LeighShelton And to expand into the holding jail adventure of my friends... They got interviewed by separate and marijuana was found in the vehicle so they took the dumbest and allowed him to roll two joints from what was found... then they gave it to him and send him back to the cell... My friends were lucky that dumb ass told them... look this cops are cool, they let me roll two joints, let's smoke them is cool... my friends took them from him and ate them until destroyed. So 20 mins later, When one of the cool cops came to search again dumb ass because they didn't searched him right. They couldn't find the 2 joints... they went ballistic on him, he ended up with ink all over his face because they spilled a bottle of ink. It was a trip alright. At the end the cops got humiliated in the preliminary because they could not find the minor that escaped from the emergency room. So the reason of the arrest, the presence of a sick intoxicated minor was not there. The lawyers were treating those cops as they were the ones tripping. Were is the minor? What happened to him? Was him a fix of your imagination? Oh those days.

nice makes a nice change when you can stick it to these fucks sometimes not that there all bad but they have stitched me up before. as for my friends tripping while behind bars, the police putting their hands in their asses was no picnic tripping either

@LeighShelton If they know you are tripping... they will have a party with you. Because you are in a different place. And they may not understand all that is going on but you are simply for the taking. Evil never sleeps. And they will play with you like a cat with a mice.

@LeighShelton I will admit... I was the missing minor and I went to the preliminary and I was ready for whatever and the aunt of 2 of the guys (she was a cop) saw me outside the court and told me get out of there. They have no case without you. You are not found, there is no probable cause. So I left. We still laugh about it. I wish I was there in the court that day because they got blasted about the disappearing corpse since it was brought up by my friends the cops told them I was dead. The lawyers were... was he a vampire? a zombie? a ghost? were is the corpse? is he a walking dead? people don't die as you told my clients and disappear from ER.

or does acid make you see the crazy events clearer?

@LeighShelton that event with the ex governor was something else... they were arguing right outside and he was waiting on his body guards to bring the limo. And he was telling her now you can take a picture of the american flag next to me and shove it up your ass when you finish. I was wow... this acid is the "shit". I bet you he is still inside with nidia caro. The limo almost hit me, they pushed him inside the car and they were gone. It was too late for that edition but the next day there it was. With a sanitized version of what he said. I was like.... that's not what he said. Here is what he said. Great times certainly. The last decade pre-AIDS and Herpes. You can't compare really any other decade. 70 went 0-200 in ten years. Then aids and herpes came and everything was never the same.

yes it's definitely better living than existing lol

When I was small I thought I saw the Easter bunny and still remember how it felt so real--it's eyes glowing in the dark basement. But now that I think about it, it could have definitely been the cat we had 😀.

yes but great thought at the time

Walking home late one night, I crested the top (or peak) of a bridge - what lay before me was a bunch of traffic barriers that each had independant flashing lights. They kept night time traffic from driving onto fresh concrete poured that day for a new sidewalk along the street I lived on.

So - remember, each barrier is on an independant "flicker" circuit, powered by those big 6 volt batteries. Get this - every single one of them flashed in sequence like an airport landing strip. There was maybe 2 dozen or 30 of these things.

What are the odds? I guess the same odds as flashing in any other pattern, but it was so ordered, that I took it as a sign of the supernatural (I was 19, and seeking...). Proof that we look for patterns to support our confirmation bias...

million to one things happen to me way too often like your amazing story mate. the most amazing was being given a lift by my girlfriend at the time. the radio was on no particular channel playing a song. I had a magazine and was reading an article, I read the top line on the next page out loud for my girlfriend who was driving and as I read it the song on the radio mimicked my words for a whole sentence. she was calling me a wizard lol.

@LeighShelton Well then, I guess us dyslexic agnostic insomniac dudes no longer have to lay awake at night wondering if there is a dog... proof positive.

LOL! @Hominid

@LeighShelton And in my book that is how you should be addressed in my presence. I remember mescaline to go to a Biennale Art exhibition in San Juan and my 2 friends also on mescaline bumped into a print called "the city of 1 million and 25 hard boiled eggs". They been counting for about 5 times 23 boiled eggs in the print... so they came and got me to count them... they counted 23, I counted 23 and pointing at them 24 and 25 pointing at those two suckers.... of course they freaked out and accused me of setting them up. It just came up logic continuing counting using them. It was priceless. It was days of good mescaline too. Good Day Wizard. Long Live.

dogs are awesome lol I love weird shit @walklightly @GipsyOfNewSpain

another weird thing. I was sitting at a breakfast diner in downtown Louisville KY.It is a very rare thing to see a Native American there. I glanced up and saw a man that looked like a photo from the 1800's Plains Indian. Of course he walked over and sat next to me and in a matter of minutes had opened his shirt to show me the recent wounds on his chest from being suspended in a traditional ceremony. THe name of it evades me right now but it is a major traditional ceremony for the Sioux . If you ever saw the movie A Man Called Horse they showed a part of it in that movie

fuck yes I did. richard Harris

@LeighShelton that was probably why he left his cake out in the rain

I don't think it seems all that important lol

Seen the movie... made Richard Harris a Star. Based on a true story.

@btroje My number one song ever. Mcarthur Park.

I was living in New Hampshire and it was a very warm summer evening. I remember our lilac tree was in full bloom and the fragrance was very heavy in the air. It was too warm to sleep so I got up and went out to sit on the back porch. I love looking at the night sky and while I was “star gazing”, a triangle of lights just appeared out of nowhere up in the sky. Three very bright points of light in a triangle. It seemed to hover way up there and after a few minutes it just disappeared! I was in a kind of a trance I guess because I thought I had been on the porch for a few minutes but I had been out there for over an hour. The whole incident was very surreal.

Now every time I smell real lilacs I think about that and it happened in 1988!

I guess that's something you really have to experience

Yes, I had an experience, well not just me, it was on a large crowd. And it is hard to believe yet true. At an underground London rave called. "A congress in the dialect of freedom" strange name for a rave eh, yet not really, it wasn't the usual rave. Lots of tech was turning up in raves using eletromagnetic fields. All the tech developed by the CIA in the MK ultra and Monarch programs in the US was being used as the new high but also to abuse people. hence the strange name for the rave. It was the first and last time I saw the tech used in such a blatant and open way. Imagine a room full of people all thinking something was in their head, was reading their thoughts. No one dare say a thing until their thoughts got displayed on a screen the size of a house for all to see. Everytime something new appeared someone in the crowd would start to shout out. Personally I was arguing with the voice in my head to show me evidence and not leave me trying to believe in a voice in my head. I got a tap on the shoulder by one of the people with me. When I looked up I saw SAVAGE EVIDENCE across the wall. This was around 2003 - 2004

fucking hell I bet you're glad you didn't have acid that night. it sounds amazing.

@LeighShelton Psychoactives make the brain much more accessible, though Acid isn't the most enabling, it's mescaline. Also used in the CIA experiments. Ken Kesey was one of those involved in some of the drug experiments and worked as nightporter at the mental institute involved and had access to drugs from there, in the days before Owlsley. The birth of the hippy movement from it's first acid heads at Penny street. Or penny lane as the beatles called it

wow and there's piot with complete out of body shit. I've seen things that I could definitely see but no logical explanation why. new corridors in my brain. made the film lucy make complete sense to me. I often watch films and wonder what drugs the producers had taken.

heres a little taster of a fantastic film especially if you have taken acid.

@LeighShelton, i'm definitely gonna watch this, but ....100%? LOL! of what? 😀

I've watched it a few times @walklightly and it is fucking awesome especially if you ever took acid eg

oh, trust me, i did take enough lsd to understand the entire universe, @LeighShelton 😀

this film is not going to enlighten you but shows you your, not the only one out there @walklightly just keeping it real

science will always fuck you up with or without your consent.

@walklightly seen it.

Have had a fair few things happen that are hard to explain but this one makes the best story.
Was 14 years old staying in one of the old grand hotels up in the Blue Mountains. Anyway my friends had been being annoying so went up to the roof on the third floor to chill as it had a fantastic view. Standing out on the roof and a man's voice says "Hello Kim.' so I think it is one of my friends, snap back "What do you want!" and turn around. Well standing there is a man in a grey period mourning suit, at which stage I ran, back through the door off roof, bolted it behind me and didn't stop till I was back downstairs.
Downstairs are my friends all dressed normally, I'm white and slightly shaky, so they asked what was wrong, I tell them and we go back up to see who I've just locked out on the roof. Get there, the door is still bolted but nobody is there. At this stage we go back back down and I have a double vodka, my first for the day.
Now I wasn't the first person that had experienced something odd in this building but I'd always thought it was BS until then.

Kimba Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

no smoke without fire

In the early 1980s, I was driving on a narrow, winding country road, with a creek on one side and a rock cliff on the other side, near my farm in Rowan, CO, KY, when a pickup truck with monster wheels came barreling around the corner. The truck began weaving back and forth across the road as the driver lost control, then came right into my lane, taking up the entire road.

I found myself looking up into the grill of the truck, yelled "No you don't!" and knifed the wheel to the right. Since there was a ditch and cliff on that side I don't know what happened, but suddenly I was behind the truck, and stopped, in the middle of the road.

Two young men leaped out of the truck and running toward me, faces white, eyes bulging in disbelief. "Are you OK? What happened just now?" A woman ran out of a nearby farmhouse, face pale and incredulous. "What happened? What did I just see?"

I didn't know either, but I was alive, which was a good thing, so I drove off on my way. If I'd been thinking, I'd have asked them to describe what they saw happen, but they seemed pretty bewildered. It felt like I leaped straight through the truck.

A friend of mine who worked on a Native American Indian reservation near Durango, CO, said the same thing happened to her..a truck came out of nowhere on a desert road and instead of a head-on collision, she suddenly found herself beyond the truck, stopped in the middle of the road. My brother-in-law told a similar story when an 18-wheeler jack-knifed right in front of him and there was a massive pile-up of cars. But he said that suddenly he was parked on the side of the road, well off the highway, watching it all happen. Everyone can teleport, since we are just energy after all, but few can do it on purpose, so I'd say we did accidentally.

wow id love to have seen that

Maybe not super strange, but at work one day and there was a canal at he back, a few times a year there are dolphins in it. One day I thought I saw someone swimming yup and down. Later it seemed to be just a log, oh well. I was talking to one of the staff and he kept staring at the water. Turns out is was a very large seal, we don't get hem here, about 15 feet long. Sadly, we reported it and it was captured for removal, but it had a large stingray barb up through its jaw and into its eye socket. There was a lot of infection and it had to be euthanized.

o, man, now i'm crying!

@walklightly It was down at Ballina, what made it worse is I didn't find out until we had a baby humpback beach at Cabba,and the same NPWS guy was there and gave me the sad news.

@Rugglesby, nature at its cruellest 😟

oh, I think its up there my friend. how many people ever see that

When I live outside of Houston, TX many years ago that was a manatee in the Houston Ship Channel. If I remember correctly he finally found his way out.

@kiramea I think that is what we call a dugong, they were once plentiful most places I went, sadly the last one I saw just north of Brisbane about 300 klms north of me had been killed by a motor boat.@walklightly they were in the Brunswick river many years ago, not many, but they were there occasionally.

yeah, @Rugglesby, that musta been before my time here. but i did see a lil platypus up at wilson's creek once.

I was on the C.N.D action called 'Stop the City ! 'It was the day of reckoning when the City stops to count its loot and decide what the bank-rate is going to be - Up to then all our marches etc. had been cleared with the police, this time we took them by surprise turning up from all over the U.K dressed as ordinary people with handbags etc. we actuallly did stop the City; the police couldn't kettle enough wandering people to make it worthwhile. When I did find myself kettle I was one of five and we were all chirpy together nad were quickly let go bit that was the story all around us as we left them without a plan - We were pretty aimless and it was a nice day so to see the police be so completely bamboozled was just funny (boot on the other foot) The strangest thing I saw was that a handful of us got to the stockmarket (we didn't know what it was till someone told us) which was state of the art plate glass all the way through - They had decided to block their enormous glass doors which we weren't wanting to get through anyway and we just had this view of all these absolutely terrified stockbrokers making a line to push against the big plate Glass doors (The poor wee man at the door end was really seriously screwed by his own bosses) - we were just looking in at them and laughing and they got more terrified there were only about thirteen of us people on the outside, we ambled around and laughed there was a mum with two children in a pram and this enormous german man who was very tall who just laughed and kept pointing and laughing . When I left there we got to Leicester Square where there is a big MacDonalds and a young man was busily taking the sign down and no one could get to him as the crowd there had sheltered him and n o one could get through he was joyously pulling down the sign; I think at that time there was something hinky politically about McDonalds putting horsemeat into the burgers.

The sad thing was that the Police kettled a man who was just on his way home from work and he had a heart attack so not all was well . It was the most powerful I have ever felt in my life because we did 'stop the city' and strangely I am pretty law abiding .

you rock, power to the people love it

love it, @LeighShelton, will borrow.

it's all good @walklightly anything I post your welcome too my love x

When I was 5 my sister, brother and I were playing hide-n-seek. My sister and I hid in a passageway that we found that ran from our closet to our parent's closet. Naturally our brother could not find us. When we emerged he wanted to know where we hid, so we took him to show him. When we opened the door to the passageway there were pipes running through it instead of the passage. We never found it.

Twenty years later I was fortunate to take a tour of the house (a classmate's family bought it). I asked the mother about the passageway. She told me that she had heard about it, however they remodeled the house and never found it.

In this same house I remember vividly sitting on the stairs in front of our front door and watched the door unlock itself, open, close and lock itself back. Other strange things happened in this house (gas coming on by itself, lights turning off and on, etc). Supposedly it was haunted by a six year old girl.

wow awesome and scary

North Dakota

I was at a blacksmiths forge in Southern Indiana . It was at the edge of a small town far off the highway. THe town was quite far from any other population center. We were messing around doing some wrought iron and looked up and saw an obvious foreigner coming out of the woods. He didnt speak English. Long story short he was from Mongolia and thought he could get work there as he had been a blacksmith there.

wow very strange

The' personally' bit made me think to share this - I was living in Ballintoy in a house halfway down a cliff all by itself which was above the carrick- a -rede rope bridge. At night it was really dark and we were in bed and my partner was telling me about the the Black Perceptory who were ultra strong Protestants who had massive drums - (our cottage was in a mixed area)- I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge booming and shook him awake and said 'the Black men are here.!'We didnt actually know what it was but woke in the morning and went for a walk and there were clothes abandoned everywhere at the lime kiln below - It had been a good clear site for a rave. (Apologies to Black Perceptory)

wow incredible love it

A friend and I saw odd, orangish bands of light in the sky in Southern Utah. If I had been alone, I'd have called a probable hallucination.

I've seen people post the same question over and over

Someone driving the wrong way on a one way street.

I've done that lol

I'm loving all of your replies, just fantastic and not bullshit.

Well I had a funny run of luck for a while. Every time I went to the beach with a date we'd see dolphins close to the shore. went on for about two years. I never saw any when I went by myself. The last time it happened it was a whale shark swimming in just a few feet of water.

wow id love to do that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.