Agnostic.com

41 2

Do you make your bed every day?
Why or why not?

Crimson67 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to for the longest time after I got out of the military, now sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

Yes. Had an 8 legged room mate who snuck under the covers. Make my bed first thing since that discovery 😟

Nope. I stopped making my bed after my first night out of the dorms. Cause I’m a rebel.

if you call that, making the bed.. all I do is pull the sheet/bedspread up to cover the bed again

yes if the dogs are coming in because all of a sudden they are on the bed and have been swimming in mud

I do...I make it a total mess.

I do not make my bed every day. My Mother would tsk tsk. About two days a week I make the bed. Bed usually looks frumpy. My home is clean but cluttered. My mum would roll her eyes. She raised me to be clean and organized.

SKH78 Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Kind of, but no. It generally looks neat though the sheets are folded back. This way when I get in bed, the sheets aren't cold.

Bamboo Sheets - never cold!

Make it every day*, cause it just doesn't look comfy otherwise..

• unless I'm ill..then it's fuck it I'm sick..lol

My late 2nd wife had an aunt who had a saying: "If it's good enough to get out of, it's good enough to get into." She NEVER made her bed (the aunt, or my wife).

My present wife and I do not "make" our King-sized bed in the conventional sense because it consists of a fitted sheet and his and hers European style twin-sized duvets. The duvets are cozy without being stifling and since we have separate ones, neither of us ever "steals the covers" from the other during sleep.

Sometimes I spend the last couple hours of the night on a futon in my office, because my wife sleeps lightly during the same period I'm staggering out to the bathroom once an hour or so (getting old is a bitch). I DO make the futon when I get out of it, as I just don't want that to add to the chatotic vibe emanating from my desk.

Yes, otherwise it's too messed up at night... also, I'm kind of with the OCD person... 🙂

Yes, ma'am. Not doing it makes my OCD hurt.

I sleep on top of the covers so I don't have to. I hate a messy bed, but I hate making it more.

Yes. It marks the start of another day as I put the old one to bed.

Yes. I HAVE to. I have four cats (so, 18 x 4 claws) and a full wave waterbed mattress that is VERY susceptible to punctures.

I will add, making said bed takes less than ten seconds. I fanfold (accordian style) my comforters over on the edge when I go to bed. In the AM, I grab the edge of the comforters and pull them across the bed. Voila! Made!

Zster Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Yes - every day !

It both makes me feel good, and prevents the cats from puking under the covers - where my body goes !

Holy cow, that WOULD be gross!

@Zster uh yes, it is ... ask me how I know ... one day - right in the middle of my pillow - such a gift !

Yes, to a greater or lesser degree. I like to go to bed and find it all comfy and ready.

Yes, because it takes about 30 seconds and it's so beckoning when I go to bed at night

ha!

Yes it looks better

Yes! Why not. It's a habit we have together. It's nicer to go to bed in a made bed than in the mess of the night before.

Gert Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

Yes, I do. Not sure why.

No, only when I wash teh sheets each week, why? because I can.

Yup. Because the bed is just right there anyway. What's 15 seconds before going to the bathroom?

I make my bed every morning. A simple reason. Is that I like a nice, neat, clean home.

If my wife is out of town, no. Why should I?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.