Agnostic.com

18 7

I went antiquing today! Yay!

MrLizard 8 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cool. I don't care much for antiques but I do resale shops and yard sales often. The strange thing is that when I need an item and have a certain thing in mind, I normally find it soon afterwards. There are many within 30 miles of where I live and if you have a date for this you can also go out to lunch afterwards. I prefer buffet style.
Come see me, ladies, and we will do this and then go eat.

I go antiquing practically every day . Then again thats what I do for a living . Nice stereoscope by the way ... late Victorian , Edwardian ?

@MrLizard a good , interesting thing . I found two paper embossing stamps this morning at a boot sale . One embosses a stags head , the other what was probably a hotel , near Stratford on Avon . It has a three figure phone number . It'll be fun researching them .

You can find more on ebay

Viewmaster? Can't quite remember. My grandma had one.

@MrLizard Great collection . I love Art Deco and have just finished both my living room and bedroom completely Deco ... All,original pieces ... Expensive hobby , but what the hell ! There's only me to keep.

Aw that is cool!

I hope you got more that 1 stereo pic for it! 🙂 Although, you could do your own....and in color!

Well if there's only 1 - he'll have more things to look for the next time. 😉

Very cool! I love antiques!!!

Did you find anything new? 😛

Gohan Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

I have to be careful in shops like that. Lol

Those are cool! Nice find.

Oh gosh - I haven't seen one of those in a long time!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 3, 2018

That is very cool!

Did you get any offers?

I love antiquing!

I am an antique today!

Is that an antique 3D view master? It looks cool.

@MrLizard That's really cool. Yeah, stereoscope — I knew I didn't have the right word when I wrote view master, but I couldn't recall the name and only remembered the name of the toy from when I was a kid. 🙂

Way cool!! I used to go to lots of Estate sales. Amazing what people will keep.

score

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.