Agnostic.com

57 6

Lots of friends. Or, just a few? What suits you?

Some people like to have a wide social network spanning far and wide.

Others like just a handful of intimate relationships, where more time can be spent really getting to know those few people.

What style suits you most?

silvereyes 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just a few close, true, trustworthy friends is what matters. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 6, 2018

Better a few good friends than lots of aquitances.

stu8 Level 4 Mar 6, 2018

Just a few is good for me.
I'm no social butterfly. 🙂

I prefer a small number of intimate friends.

Quality over quantity. Going to events with a bunch of people might be good for just those things, but more intimate relationships with smaller numbers of people fulfill me more.

Although I can talk to strangers standing in a line somewhere, I prefer fewer but closer when it comes to actual friends

The more friends the better I think now. But I focus on quality, not quanity.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

handful.

Lots to plot with

One true friend is enough.

I think you can have lots of acquaintances, but not lots of friends. How do you define a friend? I'd say a friend is somebody that''ll watch out for ya while you take a piss in the alley. Somebody that'll take ya to the airport. Someone who will listen to you piss and moan and order two more pints. But, hey, that's just me.

A few 'Real' friends.The one's there,when you're down &out. 😟

I dig a few friends with morally casual attitudes.

I only have one really close friend left and he's an alcoholic

I only have one really close friend left and he's an alcoholic

take him to a meeting if he wants to go!!!!
but especially take him if he doesnt!

Very few, but that's not entirely up to me.

JimG Level 8 Mar 6, 2018

A few close inner circle friend's then acquaintances

I tend to be misanthropic, so just a few friends.

A few very close friends has always been my preference. I enjoy one on one time with them and when you have a huge social network, your time is stretched too thin between other matters and so you never get enough time with each person. Some people can maybe juggle that or they have a ton of friends that they get together with every so often, but for me personally I couldn't imagine having more than a handful of individuals that know me well and that I, in turn, truly know.

Just a few quality friends

I'm not sure I'm still in research mode.

Gone from lotsof friends who don't know each other to a few close ones: 6- 20-40 years.

I have 1 male friend and 1 female friend and sometimes I feel that is too many.

I have fewer friends than most hermits do.

Just a few close friends, I don't know that many people that I could trust that much.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.