Agnostic.com

57 6

Lots of friends. Or, just a few? What suits you?

Some people like to have a wide social network spanning far and wide.

Others like just a handful of intimate relationships, where more time can be spent really getting to know those few people.

What style suits you most?

silvereyes 8 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just a few close, true, trustworthy friends is what matters. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Mar 6, 2018

Quality over quantity for me

I'm an introvert very few friends

Better a few good friends than lots of aquitances.

stu8 Level 4 Mar 6, 2018

I have concentric circles. A small number of close, trusted friends, a larger number of frequent hang-out-and-do-stuff buddies, and a much larger number of people whose company I occasionally enjoy in various circumstances. I am very lucky.

Mee too 🙂

I know a lot of people but I am really friends with a few.

My orbit is contained,but my atmosphere is vast. I have this habit of meeting lots of people,and finding a way to share liking each other. I run into these folks all over the place, and it that is great, but my inner circle is much smaller.The friends I am inconstant contact with varies throughout the friendship, but a few are always there

I think you can have lots of acquaintances, but not lots of friends. How do you define a friend? I'd say a friend is somebody that''ll watch out for ya while you take a piss in the alley. Somebody that'll take ya to the airport. Someone who will listen to you piss and moan and order two more pints. But, hey, that's just me.

Although I can talk to strangers standing in a line somewhere, I prefer fewer but closer when it comes to actual friends

Just a few trustworthy friends.

Just a few

Just a few close friends, I don't know that many people that I could trust that much.

Just a few quality friends

The more friends the better I think now. But I focus on quality, not quanity.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

Quality over quantity. Going to events with a bunch of people might be good for just those things, but more intimate relationships with smaller numbers of people fulfill me more.

I prefer a small number of intimate friends.

I like few...I have one that we can depend on each other. he took me to the hospital when I had appendicitis and stayed for 5hrs until I went in. I have another one that just likes to drink beer. I used to have one that was the only one who had my house key - he would feed my dogs when I was gone...he died a few years back. I still wish I had a few more but a few have died already. friends are hard to come by.

Lots of acquaintances and a handful of friends.

A few very good friends does it for me. I do not like crowds hated living in NYC.

A few very good friends does it for me. I do not like crowds hated living in NYC.

I am not sure that I am close to anyone, any more, apart from my partner.It hasnt bothered me at all so no big deal - there are people I love the bones of - who live in my sheltered housing scheme. Because my society is on such a mess (Theresa May)(Brexit) I feel that we are as a Country are going to pot . I can't see our future without Europe. Its all too messy and inadequate and underinformed so I have put myself on hte back burner for now.

Lots of acquaintances just a couple of handfuls of friends

It's like an onion for me. I have a small core group of close friends that I would just my life to. Then some good friends, then acquaintances, etc.

Just A few for sure. When you have a lot of friends its unlikely you've developed any substantial relationships with anyone person

I don't mind living with what is in my own head so I do not CONSTANTLY need other people to distract me from that like so many others do. I have always had a LOT of people I know and very very few close friends...... because only a few of the folks I know at any one time are trustworthy and decent enough to put the time into getting to know well. Just my two cents but I think folks who have to constantly be surrounded by others- and their drama- do it to cover up some hole they have in their own lives.. or perceived hole.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.