Agnostic.com

27 7

Who's got a religious name?

I hadn't really thought about this until another post brought it to light.
My first name is Ian, Scottish for John who wrote a gospel and is also a saint
My second name is Patrick, patron saint of Ireland.
My third name is Declan, another Irish saint
And my surname starts with GOD

Any advances? 🙂

ipdg77 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My birth name is very serial killer....very....like, what the hell, mom?

Here's Johnny!

@Rudy1962 Let's just say, if you see my birth name, you wonder if I'm wearing clown make-up...haha

Well, I was almosr Margaret Mary, but my mother was afraid I'd be trapped in Catholic school Hell and decided against it

I also have names of Gaelic orgination. My middle name is also conflated with John. It is not John, Nor does its meaning coincide with the meaning in Aramaic of John. Check your head, you have been conned by the Angles again. Take it for what you will. My cognomen is the anglish bastardization of the title of the last king of Erie, 3rd century CE. Fuck the anglish and their bloody jesus.

Both my middle and first names are from the bible. I actually never really think about it.

Not my name, nor either of my siblings, derive from the bible; but, oddly enough, my father's name, Eber, did. His parents were Adventists, so...

I have a very long and religious last-name....which makes the believers quite confused...........juassssssssss/ lol

Is James religious enough for you?

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

It's Irish (I'm not), but thankfully, not religious! Yay, me!!!!

I don't think leigh is

Nope. Leigh is an old English name meaning "meadow" 🙂

thank you so much

I'm named after one of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Also my Dad was born in 1925. His first name was Joseph. Every boys first name was Joseph. The only place he was known as Joe was in the military. He actually went by his third name with two initials in front of it. "Rodolphe". I think his Mum might have liked Valentino?

Not I...

My middle name is Carlene, so a derivative of yours.

@Donotbelieve me too totes non religious..

@HippieChick58 I sing the song Jolene..using Charlene..and Carlene would work too..

My name "Kauva Aatma" means spirit of the crow.

Angelina Eunice for crying out loud. Could have been worse. I was nearly Daisy Jewel.

When I had my girls I was looking for strong classic names, and not named after any immediate family members. Apparently several of my cousins had the same idea because some of the cousins used the same names about that time as well. I have Sarah, Michelle, Rebecca; which are all really biblical. My name is Paula, so feminized of the Apostle Paul, the miscogynist of the century. However I was a shortened version of Pauline, or Paulina who were my grandmother and great aunt.

I've always wanted three daughters so I could call them Rebekah (because I love the name), Athene and Artemis.

@Jnei I wanted to go with that spelling of Rebekah but ex thought it was too weird. But I got my way in that she is called Becca.

My full birth name means "Defender of men from the royal field" and is NOT from the Bible 🙂

My Mom always said she pulled "Adele" from the Bible. I don't know where in the Bible? lol

Adele looks quite Hebrew, but apparently it comes from the German Adel meaning "noble" 🙂

@Jnei I know I dated a guy whose Mom was German - she said it was the same as naming your kid "Jesus" in German?

@RavenCT Not sure why. I thought maybe Adelheid (the name from which Adele comes, via Adel) was a Germanic goddess or something, but it seems not. Heidi is short for Adelheid too, incidently, so you can use that name too!

@Jnei Oh nope! Nope nope.... rofl

@RavenCT Adele and Adelheid are good names. Heidi's nice for a girl, but to me it doesn't sound right for an adult.

@Jnei I'm very very French. Heidi does not do it for me. lol

I'm Matthew. First of the 4 gospels in the NT. It doesn't really inform anyone of much about me. Probably says something about my parents. Or my mother in particular. I've never been a huge fan of it. I'm not a big fan of the gospel or saint names.

My middle name is James
My son has two biblicl christian names, but was named after my great grand father.

My name is Joseph, which is Hebrew for "God will increase". I like the sound of the name, and do my best not to think about its meaning. Most of the time, I manage.

My middle name is Joseph. (After my paternal grandfather.) I only use it on legal documents and the like.

A famous square in Venice was named after me .

Jacqueline ('little female John'😉

Podevin - Good king wenceslas' trusty page was called Podevin.,

I can't get the silly yellow thing out of the comment

I do! Shiloh, it's Old Testament baby.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.