Agnostic.com

13 4

What type of outdoor markets, festivals, and state fairs do you like to attend, and why?

I never used to miss the Kentucky State Fair, in Louisville, and I always attended all local US festivals as well. I do the same in Thailand. I especially liked to see the fair animal displays, fair horse shows, and here in Thailand, the cloth for sale

Pic: sidewalk vendors at the Sunday Songkhla market, Thailand

birdingnut 8 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My girlfriend and I go to whatever they have downtown during the summer. They show movies at the park. They have food truck fridays and have games and stuff for kids. And of course there's a fair and rodeo every year. There's a week long beef festival. That has all kinds of events. The state fair is a 3.5 hour drive one way so I generally don't go.

In Kenya I would go to sidewalk sales like in your picture. You can find many things that are nice. Here in America in my own area of the woods I like resale shops, flea markets, and yard sales. Sometimes a storage shed sale as well.
I have been to some fairs but I normally tend to avoid them unless I am with others.

In NE we have many state fairs in NH, MA and VT: Have attended:

VT- Essex Jct
MA-Brockton Fair, Barnstable County Fair
NH, Hopkington Fair, Deerfield Fair, Stratham Fair, Hudson OldHome Days

We have many flea markets I've perused or setup withfriends: Londonderry, NH, Amherst, NH, and Northfield, MA
In summer have weekly food market in every town including my own Merrimack,NH.

I like the medieval fair. Lots of interesting food, gifts, comedy skits, jousting, ogres, bar wenches and you can dress up

Usually flea markets and garage sales. I don't care for large events since I don't care for multitudes

what is roasted gyros?

Flea markets..I love them..I miss "junk" stores though..

I enjoy/ed ‘manning the Democrat's booth’ at local fairs and ‘Whatever Days.’ In a smaller county, with fewer such days.. I still enjoy meeting the locals ..if from the other side of the booth 😉

Not much for parades, our local Fourth of July event was ..memorable. From horses in Oregon - to hillbillies in Appalachia, the adventure continues 😀

Varn Level 8 Mar 11, 2018

Glastonbury - I love it!

The one I really look forward to is the Ren Faire in summer! So much fun to dress and be silly for a day, see performances, and presentations.
We also have an art festival/sale in the fall that is a place I like to go.

You're from Louisville? My father's side is from there. Small world

I have relatives from Louisville, but I spent 27 years living on the family farm near Morehead, KY, and we'd drive to Louisville from there. When I return to the US, I plan to live in Lexington, near my daughter.

I go to boot sales (flea markets) several times a week . This combined with weekly and monthly auctions keep me busy most of the time .

Any outdoor event or festival where we can play. I LOVE playing music in the street. In England that tends to slow down a little for a big chunk of the year but springs coming and I've got my box ready..... 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.