Agnostic.com

2 0

Anyone else raising young kids in the deep south? I'm in Alabama and my 7 year old has started saying he KNOWS god lives in the clouds. We have a very religious family in town so it's hard to start that conversation!

Brandizzle 3 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My now 17 year old daughter came home from school with all that crap when she was about your son's age, and she was in a public school. Turns out they were taking her to a "god trailer" for (christian) religious instruction without our consent. We sued, with the help of the ACLU, and now the trailers are gone. I'd check and make sure your kid isn't being indoctrinated. Of course it's possible he just gets it from other kids, but I"d check to be sure.

Mine are nearly raised. I moved to GA when one was a baby. My son was born here. There have been challenges along the way.

Zster Level 8 Mar 13, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.