Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK When Will Americans Realize We're Not the Good Guys?

Guys?
When Will Americans Realize We're Not the Good Guys? The U.S. Army / Flickr
Headlined “U.S. Seeks Other Ways to Stop Iran Shy of War,” the article was tucked away on page A9 of a recent New York Times. Still, it caught my attention. Here’s the first paragraph:

“American intelligence and military officers are working on additional clandestine plans to counter Iranian aggression in the Persian Gulf, pushed by the White House to develop new options that could help deter Tehran without escalating tensions into a full-out conventional war, according to current and former officials.”

HippieChick58 9 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stationed in southern Arizona after a tour in Vietnam, I found myself still supporting the "fight against communism". From one brush war in SE Asia to another brush war in S. America. Remarkably the same. It struck me light a lightning bolt, while sitting in a theater with a bunch of fellow aviators, watching the original Star Wars movie.... There we sat, madly cheering on "The Rebels". While in real life, we were Storm Troopers of "The Evil Empire". And yet, I continued to "Fight the good fight" against those darn commie peasants who were attempting to free their own country from a dictatorship. We have an incredibly powerful propaganda machine here in the USA.

The US Government often has good intentions, but the US Government often screws up in the implementation phase.

BD66 Level 8 July 6, 2019

Your naive trust is admirable...

By good intentions do you mean aiding US multinational business ?. Bolton admitted that their goal in Venezuela was to remove the current administration so that US oil companies could get involved in the oil production there.

good intentions? i suppose some ppl said that about the third reich.

As long as we love being spoonfeed the bullshit..or as long as the day is long...as long as the media keeps perpetrating the endless lies of Wall St and Madison avenue..

Did you know that according to many Afghan U.S. military servicemen, their main task while there was to guard the Opium poppy fields? (U.S. gets 90% of its prescription/legal opium from there)

Don't believe me.

Google U.S. military guarding Opium poppy fields

Fer sure, I've known that for may years.

No one thinks they're the bad guys when things are happening - only in retrospect does that ever happen, and thats rarely.

1of5 Level 8 July 6, 2019

And the winners get to tell the story as they want....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:370346
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.