Agnostic.com

76 15

Are you voting?

Are you planning on voting in the upcoming presidential election?

OldHippieAtHeart 6 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

76 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honestly I thought this was a dumb question when I first read it but after seeing how many comments there were I decided to comment myself and read through the others. Frankly a little surprised at those that said no considering we’re on an agnostic site.

Thanks for the question, interesting comments and discussions

Fuck yes never missed one especially now

bobwjr Level 10 July 17, 2019

Omg please fucking vote

I'd vote if you darken my doorstep. You don't have to come inside or Petunia will run you off with a broom.

I'm easily bribed.

I figure voting only gives me a sense of moral superiority when the local idiots vote overwhelming against me.

@WonderWartHog99 well they definitely will if you don't vote

@Lauraleigh39 "They"? Mysterious strangers will bribe me? Oh boy, oh boy!

I will be voting, as ever, because Not voting is actually a vote for the status quo we have now!

@avron I have AARP for over-65, had total knee replacement plus 2 stints at rehab, in the last 6 years, a total shoulder replacement 8 years ago, including rehab at home twice a day, then #2 6-week stints at a day rehab facility, total bill for all of the above, Zero. I pay $48/month for the supplement to Medicare. You need to go listen to Bernie on the subject! Oh, and yes, I have owned my own freestanding home for over 40 years

Never have, and never will.

So, you're in favor of this orange sleazebag?

@AnneWimsey Oh hell no, he's terrible. I'm not eligible to vote. I'm not a citizen and never will be. I could never make my home in a place of such bizarre politics.

Just curious as to your reason? I promise I’m not looking to pick a fight. At 45 years old I still get a thrill voting. My 20 year old and her boyfriend voted early....which is fine, but I just really enjoy the process of going to my polling place, filling out a ballot, and getting my “I Voted” sticker. Yes, I’m completely aware I’m a dork

@Marcie1974 I can't fathom living under a two party system where the 'us vs them' mentality is so entrenched.

@Brian81 Ahhh you’re Canadian....I should have looked at your profile first

YES!!!

We need to move on to our 46th president.

Yup. From Japan.

Since I was able to vote I've only missed a few local elections yes I'm voting like I have for the last 40 years. It's the ones who decided it wasn't worth doing that got us in this f** mess.

Absolutely! Plan to be at my polling place Friday morning when early voting starts.

Hell yeah! It is my patriotic duty. Folks died so that I could cast my vote.

I think, since 1979, I've only missed one national election, and a handful of local ones.

There is NO question of whether I'll be voting in everything until I die.

Absolutely! I vote and I encourage others to vote.

Yes, I am voting. There are more drastic measures that you can take but voting seems to be the one with the best personal outcome.

Fuck yes......never haven’t since I turned 18.

Same! I’m so proud of both my daughters for voting as well ❤️

Yes...

Fuck yes more needed than ever

bobwjr Level 10 July 17, 2019

Yes

MsAl Level 8 July 17, 2019

Yes.

well, if i am alive, then yes. in fact i don't even have to be alive on election day because i will vote early using an absentee ballot.

g

I’m definitely voting. Scott B is doing his thing right now.

Yes. I always do.

Zster Level 8 July 17, 2019

Always. I've voted all Democratic since my first Presidential election in 76. I even worked locally in the Carter campaign.

Years ago I could say that I voted more split tickets- years ago. I did, a number of years ago, vote neither R or D in our governor's race as the Dems put up a racist, strong arm leader from Scranton since they knew they would lose that contest and to shut him up. PA - the Tom Ridge years, sold his soul and career for Bush II.

Anyway, all done. Except PA now has the greatest badass and intelligent Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman.

@avron Despite what happened in the 2016 primaries, PLEASE vote in 2020. All our lives depend on it.

Now more than ever!

twitch Level 7 July 17, 2019

Yes, I always vote. Even the mid-terms.

Especially in the mid terms.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375184
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.