Agnostic.com

16 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting article, thanks for the read.

Excellent!

zesty Level 7 Sep 20, 2019

The Christian Right is really just a bunch of idiots.

I'm not surprised but I do wonder about the future of all this. What happens when the Trumpers calling you "soy boy" finally realize there is no god? Do we then have 2 groups of non-believers that still disagree.

I can accept the argument in the article regarding religion in Republican politics turning off Liberals and drawing them away from religion, but I think education is a bigger factor. Highly educated people today are more likely to question unsubstantiated beliefs and side with science over faith. In ancient Rome and Greece people believed in multiple gods, and that evolved to just one god for many people today. Eventually we will get down to no gods when we have substantially reduced the level of ignorance across the population.

There is an old saying that goes like this, " Politics and Religion are bed-fellows of convenience," and as such, in my opinion, Politics and Religion SHOULD be kept separate at ALL times.

Could not agree more!

Mixed feelings on this
Good - that more people are leving organised religions
Bad - the split between left/right religious/non religious becomes deeper and even less interactive

I fear that a divided social structure may eventually lead to greater conflict - I see too many similarities with the slavery arguments that led to the civil war

Sadly, no one even realizes that we are fully into CIVIL WAR 2.0. We've had thousands of 'incidental casualties' but because they have more than one cause, the contributing cause of cultural conflict is only rarely mentioned. They have voted to leave the Union and the rest of us are wasting our time trying to pick up the pieces.

Good. No surprise there.

Finally the religious right is doing something good! People are finally seeing how crazy they are!

Good to read that more Americans are leaving religion.

No kidding

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 19, 2019

The graph shows liberals are leaving religion the fastest, but moderates and conservatives are also leaving religion. Good news all around!! lol

Definitely true!

Keep ‘em comin’.

The number of religious people drop every day. Maybe one day we will out number them.

I don't see non believers out numbering them in my lifetime. Yet non believers are the faster growing group in the world

@Castlepaloma I don't see that happening in my lifetime either, but a can dream though.

I can't say that I'm surprised. 🎉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:404359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.